Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,588

2 members and 1,586 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Proof on the Spider gene. OWAL take a look

I think a group of breeders should get together via email, and determine how the data would be recorded, and all do like 2 spider x spider pairs each. No one would have to take a terrible financial hit buying housing and feeding mass amounts, and as long as the data is well recorded all of the results could be compiled together. If you got 10 breeders here on BP.net, that would give you at bare minimum 20 clutches to study. Plus ive seen people around here claim theyve known other breeders for upwards of 10 years. If you can maintain a business relationship for that long I dont see why youd lose touch once you started a long term experiment like this. Just my 2 cents = P Im not really established enough to do the experiment myself, but I am curious like you wouldnt beleive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Riv For This Useful Post:

Pickenprod (08-05-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riv View Post
    I think a group of breeders should get together via email, and determine how the data would be recorded, and all do like 2 spider x spider pairs each. No one would have to take a terrible financial hit buying housing and feeding mass amounts, and as long as the data is well recorded all of the results could be compiled together. If you got 10 breeders here on BP.net, that would give you at bare minimum 20 clutches to study. Plus ive seen people around here claim theyve known other breeders for upwards of 10 years. If you can maintain a business relationship for that long I dont see why youd lose touch once you started a long term experiment like this. Just my 2 cents = P Im not really established enough to do the experiment myself, but I am curious like you wouldnt beleive.
    I think this could work and would be interesting but I dont see it happening. I for one have the space and the ability to feed, but what I do not have is the 2k plus euro to buy two breeder pairs. And I could not justify spending that on something that would not further any of my projects. I honestly dont think even a larger breeder would be willing to spend the time, space and feeding costs, no matter how little, for something that will not further their projects any. But maybe im worng?

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks

Frankly youre not wrong. Anyone with the right rescources is in breeding not just for the joy of breeding, but to make some money as well. And it just doesnt make sense to sink money into spider x spider experiments, unless of course youre making more than enough money at the time, have a little extra space and breed your own feeders. Than I wouldnt see why not. But only so many are in that position, and unless you like that sorta stuff it would absolutely make more sense to have that extra pair of various multi trait morphs.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    In theory it is a good experiment, until i see pictures, of spider adults used in breeding, all offspring produced, then pictures of the offspring breeding, i have a very hard time believing, someone has the space, time, and money to do this type of experiment. I find it hard, that some of the big breeders would have the resources to do this, on this large of a scale. It would take a lot of money and time to complete this experiment on this large of a scale.
    and where is this bumble bee produced? can we at least see pics of the adults that were breed to produce this "Bee"?
    I am saying this "experiment" is fake until the OP post pictures of his adult spiders, and all offspring(or at least of all the spiders produced), and this "bee"
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The first mating doesn't have to be spider x spider with no other mutant genes. Here is a mating that produced 5 babies that could have a pair of spider mutant genes.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-x-bee-results

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tattlife2001 View Post
    So there you have it. Those are the end results. Let me know what you think.
    Jerry Robertson

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snakesRkewl For This Useful Post:

Riv (09-26-2012),seeya205 (09-28-2012),Serpent_Nirvana (09-27-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    That is good

Thanks
    The one that really got me is that he got a bee from a Pastel X Normal pairing and the normal came from one of the Spider X Spider pairings. That would mean it has Het Spider! Not possible! Kevin from NERD already had said in a video that he has done many Spider X Spider pairings over the years and never had a Super or lethal gene issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhnR...ture=endscreen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeya205 View Post
    The one that really got me is that he got a bee from a Pastel X Normal pairing and the normal came from one of the Spider X Spider pairings. That would mean it has Het Spider! Not possible! Kevin from NERD already had said in a video that he has done many Spider X Spider pairings over the years and never had a Super or lethal gene issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhnR...ture=endscreen
    If there is nothing fishy about that part of the story, that "normal" even looks paradox, nothing weird there really, its reproductive organs are spider. A normal from a spider x spider is not weird regardless of how you believe the gene works. Im not sure what you mean by the het spider thing, but all spiders are hets, just visual hets.

It is disappointing, i have been talking to him since he made the comment about doing 25x spider x spider breedings. He was never very prompt with responses but i figured he should of responded by now. No doubt the time lines of his post history dont line up. Back to where we were before, not knowing a whole lot.

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    If there is nothing fishy about that part of the story, that "normal" even looks paradox, nothing weird there really, its reproductive organs are spider. A normal from a spider x spider is not weird regardless of how you believe the gene works. Im not sure what you mean by the het spider thing, but all spiders are hets, just visual hets.

It is disappointing, i have been talking to him since he made the comment about doing 25x spider x spider breedings. He was never very prompt with responses but i figured he should of responded by now. No doubt the time lines of his post history dont line up. Back to where we were before, not knowing a whole lot.
    Spiders are NOT visual hets. There is no super form.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast