Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,469

1 members and 3,468 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Thanks

Re: Proof on the Spider gene. OWAL take a look

Quote Originally Posted by vankmen. View Post
    Just grabbing at straws here but do any of the normal offspring from spider x spider carry the head wobble ?
    Never. Spider x spider pairings have been done often and for a long time, and the 33% normals (note that i didnt say 25%) you get from a spider x spider pairing do not show any issues. If you see from looking at the hatchling that it has no spider gene, thats it, it doesnt have the gene so it wont wobble. (unless it has another wobbly gene in it).

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C&H Exotic Morphs View Post
    Second a female can't reabsorb an egg or slug after she has Ovulated.
    You are sure about that? I know that corns can, because I've had females do that. And cats and dogs will resorb fetuses as well in the first trimester.

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritserpents View Post
    You are sure about that? I know that corns can, because I've had females do that. And cats and dogs will resorb fetuses as well in the first trimester.
    There are no mechanisms within the oviduct to allow them to be reabsorbed after ovulation.
    Are you sure you aren't mistaking building/swelling for the actual ovulation?

With mammals it's a whole different situation. The embryo/fetus is attached to the uterus.
    Last edited by C&H Exotic Morphs; 08-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks
    I have been reading on this site for almost a year now and have learned ALOT. So I think im ready to start putting my 2 cents in so here it is.

1st - Could the norm female just have been a really bad looking spider kinda like a really ugly person ?
    2 - Is it possible that the spider gene from the wild carried all these bad traits like the head wobble and over time from captive breeding it has just been bred out? A small step of evolution from the spiders?

Thanks

That is true, a recessive gene cannot dominate a dominant gene, but a co-dominant gene can mask or alter another co-dominant gene. Like with flowers when you breed red roses with white roses and get pink roses.
    Last edited by LadyByrd; 02-24-2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: meant to post reply with quote

Thanks
    i think this whole thread is based on: FAKE. i do not believe the pairings this thread is based on ever occured.

so i think this whole thread is garbage, and based on false information.

EDIT: also its a revived zombie thread
    Last edited by Pythonfriend; 02-24-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

MarkS (02-24-2014),Slim (02-24-2014)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213