Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,079

1 members and 3,078 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

How to put a photo in a forum post

Here are my plans for Buttons new cage. I want something for him that is a llittle larger, and helps show him off. I know alot of you perfer good old Rubbermaid, but I would like this to be not only good looking but more functional than his current glass cage. Please help me with your ideas, and I well update the drawing as needed.

Thankyou!

Thanks
    A couple of suggestions: don't use pine (or cedar or redwood) for building material because of the toxicity of high levels of phenols, and be very careful with the holes and the screens that you don't create a hazard resulting in nose scars. Other than that, looks like a good enclosure for a juvie ball.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Only suggestion I have is to maybe make it larger. When he is fully grown, he will appreciate more room than 24" x 16". I would suggest 3' x 18" or so.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    If you are going to custom build it, then I would defenitly advise to go with a bigger cage. It will save you the trouble of buiding another enclosure as your pet grows larger.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    I think I will make it larger, maybe 32 x 18. I also have a couple ideas of how to change the vent holes in the back so he will not have to come in contact with the screens. I'll try to post an update this afternoon so you can tell me what you think!

Banned
    Thanks
    Oh, have the doors as sliding glass, way easier. Get a good sealer too. I just got done making two brand spankin new cages myself.

Cost me:
    16$ for sealer
    30$ for plywood
    25$ for glass
    15$ for 1x2's and all.
    Paint brushes...

I probly screwed it up a bit, but it was something like that. I had screws and tools all handy, plus I had the glass for one cage.

That was for two cages mind you, not one. They were 39x22x22. Try and go simple, the simpler the better.

Thanks

Here is an update to Buttons Cage with a few of your suggestions. Is there any other helpful changes that may make the cage more useful or look beter on display??

Banned
    Thanks
    Have the top screwed down. It's be a hassle with it being able to open.

What's with the peg board? Hows it being heated? I can give you a cheap easy solution.

Thanks

color of mouse matters?

I like it! It might be easier just to have the pegboard cover the back wall, though, rather than trying to maintain that tilt.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    The peg board is to keep Buttons away from the screens covering the Vents. I like the tilt for the area that it gives me in the cage that Buttons does not have access to (room for lights, electrical plugs, lines for a Humidifier), and still remains high enough that the peg board does not detract from the looks of the cage.

As for heating it, I thim I will put a half inch base around the bottom so there is just enough room for a heat pad, and air flow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast