Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,001

3 members and 2,998 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTP pricing?

Thanks
    OK well I gotta 100 gal terr just screaming the need for a GTP, question is after browsing the sites I could just mostly find them from $7-1K+ price range and I'm thinking these are for the morphs. I would just like to find a "regular" GTP hatchling or there abouts without the price or is that basically the going rate? Any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

GTP pricing?

I could be wrong...but I think much of the price differences with GTP's is based on two things: One...the locale the animal is from, and Two...if the animal is wild-caught or captive bred. You'll pay a LOT more for captive bred...but will be much better off in the long run because wild-caught often don't adapt well to captivity, not to mention all the parasites and such you'd have to deal with.
    -- Judy

Prices on Chondros vary alot, lol. Like Judy mentioned, the most important difference is whether the animal is CBB or Imported.....CBB will cost more but is definitely worth it. I have heard of numerous people who buy imported baby Chondros cheap but then have them die a few months later after they were seemingly fine......and if you ask me, thats WAYYY too much money to spend on a snake that might die on you, LOL.

There aren't really "morphs" persay of Chondros, just locales. If CBB, most people just call them Aru/Sorong/whatever 'type' animals.....all of which vary in color. The best thing to do is find a reputable dealer and spend the extra dough on a CBB animal....you won't regret it.

Thanks
    Hey thanks for the info I'm pretty selective on where purchases are made and a must see in person is manditory also none of this overseas(hopefully don't get a rubber reptile for the bucks or die ?? days later). There's no rush just browsing the market right now. But off subject Jeff Corwin was shooting somewhere awhile back, I think SA or Africa..hell somewhere in the southern hemisphere and he showed a snake a black ?? something(name slips my mind now) but its basically as docile as a BP.....ohhhhhh the name will come to me as soon as I submit this post.............lol

Are you located in the US?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    if you are gonna spend that kinda money, you oughta get a Emerald tree boa. check them out! i like them alot better, but you are not me :p wutta ya think?

Thanks
    I agree. You can get an Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boa CBB for $1k or sometimes less and they are every bit as stunning as a GTP. From what I read, though, you definitely want Amazon Basin, as they are more handleable and easier to keep as captives.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Re: skirt

Hamper's got a few Greg Maxwell strain GTP's for $550. I'd buy damn near anything this guy has - give him a call, he's very knowledgeable and helpful:

http://pythons.com/hamper/avail.html

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    Finally a ballpark figure from Maxwell, I looked all over his site and couldnt find a $$. like a person was buying secret documents or something, but I totally understand where he's coming from. Remember that old cartoon with Sylvester where the devil was whispering in his ear and then the angel appears to detour his thoughts? Welp people thanks for the Boa input, now I gotta tally up the pros/cons between these two guys...lolol

You guys are crazy......ETBs are ok, but they don't hold a candle to Chondros.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast