Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,954

1 members and 2,953 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Feeding day went well

I love bearded dragons very much and i was wondering. about how much would it cost to get a good, healthy bearded dragon with its cage and all the lighting, substrate, climbing materials, or anything else it needs. im just looking for a general range to see how long it would be before i could afford it (im only working part time at $6.00 an hour lol). and i dont want to know the cheapest possable price but around how much you guys would pay for a healthy and enjoyable setup.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well....I can answer this because I just got finished spending a few dollars to set up a brand new home, and will be buying the bd later this week. There are probably cheaper routes I could have gone, but I also wanted to get it done "now"...LOL. I'm not known for my patience once I've got a plan!

I've spent about $200 on a new 20g-Long tank, the lights, the food/supplements, and all the stuff to bask/hide/climb on. The breeder that I most likely will be getting my beardie from says his most expensive one is $60.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    thats not too bad of a price i could have it in a month. oh wait i still need a car lol. il put some cash aside each week. i too am very impatiant when it comes to something i want. i just bought a bp so il wait for a while before i let my mom know of my new herp plan lol.

Yeah, unlike snakes...Beardies cost a bit to set-up and maintain. What Judy quoted sounds about right.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    LOL....yeah...once the herp-bug strikes you, it's hard to resist more and more. Budget and family constraints are probably the only thing that keep most of us in control!

I bought my first snake this past August...and am only just now getting my 2nd herp. And I won't get my first bp (3rd herp) probably until this coming August after we've moved and settled into a new home. So I can totally understand having to wait awhile between critters to let other family members (Mom for you...spouse for me) adjust to the idea!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    lol good luck to you. ive always loved herps but with an unsaporting mom and no money theres not much you can do. i would just walk in the woods and catch garter snakes and turtles, hold them for a bit and release them. with money its so differnt hehe