Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,806

2 members and 2,804 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Trying to start an annual reptile show in the Texas Panhandle......

So I have lived in eastern New Mexico all but 1 year of my life. That year I spent working for a company that took me to a reptile show nearly every weekend.... I have seen good ones and I have seen bad ones..... To make this a short story I miss going to reptile shows, and well unless I drive 8-12 hours one way there is just not one around here to be had.....

My plan is to try to find means to set up a once a year reptile show in the Amarillo area, there are so many small communities with in a few hours (2) of Amarillo that would give us the ability to reach approximately 600,000 people.... That being said I think with that many people and the strong local exotic animal market something like this would do moderately well. I have been to several shows (like the Gila reptile show in New Orleans) that were "exotic animal" shows not reptile only.... This would probably help bring in a stronger market to have birds, exotic mammals, reptiles, ect all under one roof..... I dont want just a sales show either, I love the shows that have good sales, but have strong educational experiences also....

I am posting this here because this is our back yard, do you think it would be feasible?
    JUSTIN MITCHELL
    PRIMAL SCREAM REPTILES

Thanks

Re: Trying to start an annual reptile show in the Texas Panhandle......

Quote Originally Posted by jjmitchell View Post
    So I have lived in eastern New Mexico all but 1 year of my life. That year I spent working for a company that took me to a reptile show nearly every weekend.... I have seen good ones and I have seen bad ones..... To make this a short story I miss going to reptile shows, and well unless I drive 8-12 hours one way there is just not one around here to be had.....

My plan is to try to find means to set up a once a year reptile show in the Amarillo area, there are so many small communities with in a few hours (2) of Amarillo that would give us the ability to reach approximately 600,000 people.... That being said I think with that many people and the strong local exotic animal market something like this would do moderately well. I have been to several shows (like the Gila reptile show in New Orleans) that were "exotic animal" shows not reptile only.... This would probably help bring in a stronger market to have birds, exotic mammals, reptiles, ect all under one roof..... I dont want just a sales show either, I love the shows that have good sales, but have strong educational experiences also....

I am posting this here because this is our back yard, do you think it would be feasible?
    I live approx 4 and half hours from Amarillo and am curious as to if you ever got the Expo to take off
    Dark Lady Kat
    0.2 Normal Ball Python (Nyx, and Eirene)
    1.1 BCA unknown locality (Osiris, Isis )
    0.1 Boa ( Nephthys )
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Ms. President or Ms. P)
    0.2 Cats ( Raven, Snuggles )
    0.3 Dogs (Trinity, Athena, Lexi)