Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,808

1 members and 2,807 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: funny...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    my new boa (the bigger one) is now eating its first med. rat for me. it did the funniest thing. slowly grabbed it by its neck then sat there for a little while. then decided it needed to kill the rat. so it, very slowyl, lobbed a coil around the rat. now its starting to swallow.
    do any of you boa and python keepers notice a difference in feeding habits? not so much as individual things but general boa habits and general python habits... i ask because my colombian rainbow boa also has a slow motion feeding response.
    now that i think about it, maybe its just this snake knows that if it wraps around it, itll be easier to swallow. what do yall think?

funny...

Actually, most of the Boas I have seen or have experience with have killer feeding responses. Both of my Sonorans nail their food like its goin out of style.

Thanks
    My Jazzy also has a very strong feeding response, but insists on a five to ten minute stalk, even though I feed her F/K prey. When she does finally grab em, though, it is QUICK! She does use coils to help hold the rat while she eats, but I've noticed that most of my adult BP's do that with the larger prey items, also.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

VP of Cool
    Thanks

PICTURE OF SNIPES

I think they are just following their instincts and nothing more.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu