Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,253

2 members and 3,251 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: new BC pics....

Thanks
    Here are a few pics of the new BC that I got a few days ago. I had no idea he was going to shed (he looked completely normal yesterday morning) but when I got home yesterday I found his cast-off skin! Luckily it was in one piece. Maybe the stress of a new home led to the shedding? Anyway, here's the pics I promised...

And a pic of the skin I found....

Thanks
    Very nice lookin' little guy! Congrats!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    How big was your bci when you got her, and how fast did she grow?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    I got her on Valentines Day, 2003, (My wife made HUGE points for getting her for me!). Jazzy was right about 16"-18" long. I estimate she was maybe a few months old, at the most. As of the first week of March, 2004, she is over 1700g, and 54"! She is an absolute garbage disposal. The other night, two of my BP's refused their P/K rats (270g and 140g). Jazzy took both rats over an hour after they were dead! I just tossed em in and left em. Came back a couple hours later and they were both gone, and she was curled up over the heat!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Hey! Very nice BC you have there!

As to the ? I can answer it too!

When I got her she was less than a month old and at 24''.......now she is a year old and over 4'! So my girl grew alot....doubled her size. I didnt feed her excessively either...so she is a big one

RPlank: My girl will eat anything..anytime I give her something too! Arent they awesome feeders? My girl once ate a damn pinkie that my Black Rat Snake wouldnt take LOL. I was like "hmm wonder what she would do?" Well she ate it...no bumps though haha BCI feeding responses are awesome!

Thanks

Your Boas!

Cool, I guess that I can expect some big growth to take place in the next year. It will be nice to have a place to dispose of the f/t rats that my bps will undoubtably refuse!
    It doesn't seem like bc's are as heavily bodied as bp's; am I right? When my young bp eats a baby rat, you can see a lump in her for days. But I fed a f/t mouse to this boa last night (I know I just got him, but I could NOT resist) nd he has no lumps today!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Oh dont worry.....the body weight comes when they are older

Oh....and put your boa on f/t rats as well....much more healthy for him/her

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very cool, Ginevive! Maybe the little guy had gone through his "blue" phase right before you bought him...so he was just ready for a shed and surprised ya!
    -- Judy