Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,720

2 members and 2,718 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: :-D!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    im a happy man. a really happy one. there was a reptile show today. i was going expecting to be dissapointed. either by the fact that there would be no good herps or that there would be too many that i couldnt have. but there were a ton of herps! and i got a bunch! well kinda.
    ok we walked in, signed up for the raffle and went on in to the room where people were selling stuff. i wasnt in there for 30 seconds before i bought a boa! well...by the time i bought it i had looked around to make sure there was nothing better and talked to the guy and suff. the guy was a local petstore owner. amazingly id never heard of the place! for you AZ people:
    Paramount Pets
    11518 E Apache Trail# 128 & 129
    A.J. AZ 85220
    480-984-6667

i think it just opened cuz the flyer says "now open!" haha. they had an awesome selection of herps. they also have bird and rodents and what-not. im probably gonna go check out that place this week.

ok so from this place i bought a boa constrictor($100 steal!) and a CB female ball($25 steal!!!!!). im gettin it probed, if its not female i get to exchange it for a definate female. the guy didnt have his probed so ya. heres the pics.

so we got about another 5 feet away before making another buy. a Chromatopelms cyaenobuscus. or Greenbottle Blue! woot! the guy i got it from has a websight. www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com. its just a sling but its cool lookin. i named it death.

from there we got arund the corner lookin at more tarantulas . me and my mom were talkin bout green bottle blues and some guy behind said hey why dont you come over to my booth. i got an adult. i wasnt really gonna buy anything from where i was anyway. but it was still funny, what he was doin. he showed it to us. but i didnt have the cash for that. so i bought an Aphonopelma smithi from him. its a wild cought from the superstition springs mountains. which is like less then an hour from my house.

i turned around walked a few feet and some guy recognized me from a show a YEAR ago. a vedore recognized me. it was crazy. i had a bought a hatchling BCI from him. he asked me how it was doing i explained to him that it was dead. some of you may remember hearing about the baby boa that wouldnt eat. anyways, he told me he had trouble with that litter after that show. he still had one of his clutchmate. so he gave it to me for free. thats one of those moent when you could be cool and say oh, no it wasnt your fault. or be greedy and take the boa. im a greedy one. lol. im gonna email him and thank him again and let him know its doing great. its already taken a P/K mouse and shed its skin. all within 2 hours of being here. *happiness* here that one:

me and my mom looked went around one more time to make sure we wouldnt miss anything. not that we had anymore money anyway. then we got any stuff we had vendors holding for us and left. i came home. set everybody up and had two snake eat. i had to get rid of the mice cuz they were in the boas cage (in seperate ten gallons). so i wacked em. gave one to the little boa and one to my lil bp, Fluffy. both ate. with that extremely happy statement...im gonna finish up now.
    please come check out all my pics at http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v46/the-mikester/.
    youve probably seen half of them. but theres some ya havent seen;-). check it out.
    thanks for reading this long post. what do ya think of my new additions?!

Banned
    Thanks

:-D!

Amazing man...

That larger boa is definitely a steal, and that free one is sheer luck!

And the striping on that baby bp is beautiful!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Wow, that's great to hear! I didn't get to go to it (actually I forced myself not to; it would have been too hard not to buy a bunch of stuff!) Also I heard that this particular show would hold ALOT (most, if not all the animals) would be imports. So I didn't bother. But you're going to have to tell me how they all do!

Those are some great pics, and I LOVE that boa! Good luck with all of them.
    Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    oh thats no baby BP. im guessing shes in the 1000g range. thats why the "($25 steal!!!)" has so many exclamation points. but thank you lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    well...i already know the little boa isnt an import. i saw it as a hatchling almost year ago. the bigger boa has an awesome temperament and good weight and all that. ill be surprised if its an import too. the only one that crossed my mind as a possible imprt was the BP. they were actually being sold for $50. he SAiD they were CB. ill see what i can do to figure it out. like i said ill probably be to his pet store this week. ill see why they were so cheap and stuff. where you hear theyd be mostly imports? AHA?

Damn dude, you made out like a frickin bandit! Congrats on all the new acquisitions. They all look great!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, AHA, plus the guy that ran the show had a shipment in of over 2500+ imports just before the show came around. Sounded pretty fishy to me. But hey, even if they are imports, all that matters is that they are eating, tame, etc...You may as well take them to the vet just to be sure though. I would hate to see problems for any of the little ones.

Jennifer

Thanks
    Kudos! Nice work and well understood. That freebie has an absolutely wicked expression on his face. Your face hurt from grinning ear-to-ear yet?

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    haha, smulkin. you got that right. ya hes wicked. i was almsot scared to take him out of his delie cup ting. but then i realized i could take a bite. so i picke dit up n/p.

jennifer, you have a PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Mike, you have a PM. :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast