Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,956

1 members and 1,955 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Rest in peace sweet ones

It was a rough summer for us.

First, we lost Chimichurri. Our sweet baby ornate pacman frog. We only had him about a week before he passed on. Something was strange, he seemed to be suffering from a fungal infection we just couldn't fight despite constantly cleaning his enclosure. Woke up one day and he was covered in mold. Heartbreaking..

Next, we lost bubba. He was always so sweet, but always had trouble shedding his eye caps. We always had to assist his shedding process by extra bathing and humidity. During a shed he scratched his eye and got it severely infected. We took him to a vet and got antibiotics to help the eye heal, but he continued to be irritated by it and it kept getting infected. He went blind and refused to eat. He lost weight quickly and we ended up having to put him down when he just was too far gone.

He had the happiest little smile of any gecko we ever saw. I miss his sweet face. We had him for nearly three years now, it's so hard to realize he's gone.

Finally last night, we lost Guacamole. It kills me. We had him as long as bubba. I don't even know what happened here. He was fine. He buried himself one night and never came back out.

My big old frog. He had just started singing to us. Now he's gone.

It's not been fun. We tried so hard, constantly in touch with the vets to figure things out.
    Last edited by purplemuffin; 09-02-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    I am so sorry for your losses, and my heart goes out to you. I hope for an easy healing process. You will be in my thoughts.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: Rest in peace sweet ones

I truly am sorry for all of this heartache that you have had to endure. Losing all those beautiful animals must be very difficult. You have my deepsest symapathies.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    That's so sad. Hard enough to lose one baby, let alone 3.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words. It's a very rough kind of day for sure. I was already really bummed about the first two, but losing Guacamole put me over the edge. I'm just broken right now.

Just gotta keep on I guess.

Thanks
    *Comfort* Deepest condolences... it's so hard losing one, let alone 3. And Pacmans are the best. The only one I ever had I lost as well. He apparently buried himself to shed and didn't manage to break out of the old skin for a long time and died from lack of nutrition. Stupid me thought he was hibernating...guess I hadn't done enough research.

Lots of *HUGS* It will get better...just keep going one day at a time, enjoy your remaining babies even more, and hold your head up knowing you did everything you could to help them.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

SPAMTASTICO!
    Thanks
    RIP my Sweet Ones Sign In or Register to add photos. This page is to pay respects to the loved 4-leggers of my life that are no longer living here on earth .