Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 507

0 members and 507 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Super Hypo Bulls?

Ok. Whos got info on the super hypo gene that comes out of the stillwater locality or kinsville/stillwater crosses? Anyone?

Thanks
    I spoke with John Cherry the orginal producer of the super hypos. They are not from the Stillwater locale and if someone is calling them that, they are wrong. John produced his with the Trumbower line hypos. I know this because he thought the hypos I produced this year could be called super hypos. That being said, the super hypo gene was never really reproduced.

Below is a picture of them.

Thanks

Super Hypo

Actually John calls his "Ultra Hypo" and he was not the only one to produce one. After a little research, i also found that it did not come out of the stillwater but the trumbower line. Peace River Herps did some line breeding with trumbower hypos and locality yellow bulls to make their own line which i will call Neon. Super would be scientifically incorrect. They bred these Neons into some localitys like reds and stillwaters before they finally closed up shop. My hypo/red trio are het for this Neon. 1 clutch of 11 gave 1 possibly 2 neons. I have seen some nice hypos in my day and they have nothing on this little guy. Ill see if i can get a pic or two up asap.

Thanks
    here is where John first inquires about mine as being supers

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1986637,1988259

in my peronsal conversations with john, he refers to his as supers as well. ultra/super whatever, he said he had a hard time proving the genetics.

why ask the question if you already know the answer.

so lets see these "neon" hypos.

Thanks

Super Hypo's

I asked the question because at the time i did not have as much information as did a day or two later. I also asked because although i was already aware or Cherrys line i had yet to dig up any info on Peace River and their work on a hypo line and really wanted to see if anyone else had heard of them or had any info on them. I have a source that says KJ referred to Peace Rivers line as a super hypo but dont know for sure so it is just here say at this point.
    PS: why not ask the question? This IS a discussion forum for Pituophis isnt it?