Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,118

0 members and 3,118 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Introducing Artimas

So a month or two ago, I had the opportunity to take the plunge on a stunning jungle carpet python, which did not end up working out, and she was instead purchased by a friend of mine who has an absolute love of carpet pythons. As we got better aquiented, I did more research on some of the bigger breeds of snakes, and spent some time with his 7 year old Burm girl (fantastic temper) but since they are highly illegal to move from state to state, and because I move around alot they were not an option . He then directed me towards Retics, and now through a great breeder (Brandon Boeke) I would like to introduce Artimus my 12% dwarf 25% super dwarf tiger reticulated python. I know the dwarf percentages are smaller than normal, but his mom was only about 12 foot and I believe his dad was around 9-10 feet. (Even if he does turn out big, I accept that responsibility and have planned accordingly to house him)

Anyway that's not what ya'll are here for, time for some pictures *(better high quality natural light pictures to follow soon!)

Last edited by DiscoJaguar; 08-29-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: including the name of the breeder.

Thanks
    Pretty! Congrats
    ~My Crew~
    "Darigan" Dinker, "Mandark" Mojave, "Daedra" Lesser ph Ghost, "Voodoo" Black Pastel Ghost, "Astoria" Calibee

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Cool pattern on him.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DooLittle; 08-29-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    Real pretty congrats

Thanks
    Beautiful! Looks almost identical to my boy (Anubis)! Great choice on the retic for the legal reasons. Burms are awesome, but if your moving alot, not a good idea. Although IF I have ever had to move mine across state lines, she would turn into a retic!
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Thanks

Re: Introducing Artimas

I really did think pretty hard on that (especially since he had some awesome albino burms! ) and the percentage of actually getting caught is so slim, just the idea of it being a felony if something ever DID happen is just not something I want to risk, especially starting out a new life with my SO :< not fair to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfpets View Post
    Beautiful! Looks almost identical to my boy (Anubis)! Great choice on the retic for the legal reasons. Burms are awesome, but if your moving alot, not a good idea. Although IF I have ever had to move mine across state lines, she would turn into a retic!

Banned
    Thanks
    As a male, you're probably looking for him to max out between 8-9 foot is what I'd guestimate. I have no idea; however, what the tiger gene does to the dwarf genes. Tigers seem to grow larger and faster than other retic morphs so I wonder if that will play a part. Even my male tiger is still growing at 16 foot.

Thanks

I'm kind of hoping he stays in that range, (it's why I got a male ) because that's about the size snake i'm comfortable with right now : ). However, if he does end up bigger I'm prepared to grow with him and am lucky enough to have a good friend standing by to help!

Also is there any supporting evidence about tigers being bigger? I've scoured the internet and it just seems like an observation rather than something proven, would be interested to see if it actually is supported or if some people just got lucky.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoJaguar View Post
    I'm kind of hoping he stays in that range, (it's why I got a male ) because that's about the size snake i'm comfortable with right now : ). However, if he does end up bigger I'm prepared to grow with him and am lucky enough to have a good friend standing by to help!

Also is there any supporting evidence about tigers being bigger? I've scoured the internet and it just seems like an observation rather than something proven, would be interested to see if it actually is supported or if some people just got lucky.
    It's more of just an observation among the retic community. Obviously as it's not a really wild morph there's no reason to put scientific research into it. From what I've seen, tigers grow faster and get bigger than most other locales, somewhat similar to sulawesi locale retics, which also get very large.