Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,713

2 members and 2,711 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Alex Hues

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: this asked my question

I know at least a couple of you know this guy and have done business with him. I've seen his name spoken with high regard. Well, someone is slamming him at BOI. It sounds to me like the guy is jumping the gun to blame Alex for something, but given the $$ involved, I can't blame him for being anxious. Anyhow...I just thought that those of you who know him might want to take a peek and speak up for him.
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I saw that. I think he's some sort of a troll, or has "personal attacks" against Alex rather than anything to do with his business. But I'm not that guy, so who knows. I didn't look into detail about it, either.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After reading a few more posts that were added, it seems you're right. And it's now been deleted. Sorry for jumping the gun on that one. There really is a lot of game-playing that goes on at the BOI, isn't there? I knew I didn't care to keep up with it for a reason. That's why I wanted our own inquirey forum. Hopefully we won't get any of that trash.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I read the entire thread, and it seems like an overreaction for sure. Alex Hue (no 's') sold a known genetic normal tort to a 16-yr-old kid, but mismeasured because he measured the carapace instead of the plastron. He offered the kid a return for a full refund, which was rejected, and then they settled on a $35 refund for the 1.5" size difference. The kid then turned around and tried to sell the tort as a genetic blond on ks through a friend's parents' account, which is against ks TOS, and was using Alex's photo for the animal. Alex contacted the kid who replaced the photo with one he took himself but continued to advertise it as a blond. The kid was also advertising it as a female instead of a male, tho neither seller was sure of the gender. Amyway, the issue seemed to be worked out until one of the adults associated with the account used to post the ad on ks got angry because of all the 'good guy' posts Alex was getting on the BOI and she started a 'bad guy' thread about him because he "misrepresented the size of the tort." She ended up getting her fauna account blocked for being really nasty and misogynistic (accusing Alex of sitting to pee, etc.) and then got her husband to come on the BOI and threaten Alex. It seems to me Alex should have known how to properly measure the tort, but that issue should have been closed because a partial refund deal was worked out. Also, the woman who was kicked off the BOI has lost her business partner as a result of how she handled this who issue and made her company look bad on the BOI so he didn't want to be associated with her anymore.

Ummm .... that about sums it up.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Oops...no "s"...sorry Alex!

I was sifting through some of those threads...but there was so much I decided my time could be better spent elsewhere. LOL It never ceases to amaze me how vindictive people can be and how much pleasure they can take in bashing the good guys.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Yeah, it's time-consuming. I was reading the BOI as I sat up til 5 am Sunday morning trying to catch loose snakey and chatting with Chris (Andariel). I know where you got the 's' because the troublemakers on that other thread used it again and again. I don't know if that was genuine ignorance on their part or some kind of passive-aggressive dig, but I know with you it's just that you didn't know.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    Yeah, Judy. We are all confident that you are just genuinely ignorant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFLMAO!!!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah.....I live in a state of continual bliss! Don't you all wish you were me? LMAO
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

All Balled up

I dont think anyone anywhere has better terms than Alex, not only does he gaurantee the safe arival of your animal via next day UPS.He also gaurantees the animals health for 5 days after its arival. I did notice a clause in his terms that I dont remember seeing the first time I read them: "ABSOLUTELY NO SALES TO MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WITHOUT PARENTS/GUARDIANS CONSENT."

If this is new Im assuming its due to the turtle saga.

Thanks
    Randy, that's such a nice way of putting it.

Paul, I'll bet it is a result of the turtle saga.