Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,937

3 members and 1,934 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    I've created a photo album for our brown water python. His name is Zephyr. It's nearly impossible to get good photos of him, though - he's in constant motion. Let me know what you think.

http://ball-pythons.net/modules.php?...ndex&cat=10314

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He's so little! And so pretty! I love the picture of him climbing the vine...looking for a way out for sure! And that little, I'd be afraid he'd find it! Does he spend a lot of time in the water? (Sounds like a dumb question, huh?)
    -- Judy

Banned
    Thanks
    Sweet liasis you got there.

Sweet snake! Liasis rocks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    He's so little! And so pretty! I love the picture of him climbing the vine...looking for a way out for sure! And that little, I'd be afraid he'd find it! Does he spend a lot of time in the water? (Sounds like a dumb question, huh?)
    He is very pretty. The photos really don't do him justice. I've got his tank set up right beside my desk so I can watch him as much as possible. He is very small and VERY active. He climbs all the time, and he likes to lie around the lip of the tank at the top. I have two 5 pound weights sitting on the lid for insurance. I've seen him with his head submerged in his waterbowl, but so far I haven't seen him put his entire body in there for a soak (which Smulkin's Afrock loves to do).

I know liasis have a reputation for being nippy as babies, but Zephyr is just as sweet as can be, and he seems to enjoy being handled. These snakes supposedly get more docile as adults, so I really don't anticipate any personality problems in the future. I'd love to hear from others here who have liasis about their experience with these gorgeous snakes.

While I don't own a L. fuscus, a good friend of mine has an adult male and he is a very sweet snake. A bit high-strung and active, but sweet nontheless. These are a high humidity snake, so a tank with a screen lid may not be the best way to house it. A rubbermaid w/ some nice damp cypress mulch and a big water bowl would be perfect!

Thanks
    I've covered the screen top with a couple layers of contact paper. I've also insulated 3 sides of the tank with foam. I'm using aspen bedding, and the humidity has stayed around 70%. I'd like to get it closer to 80%, though. I think I'll probably add some damp sphagnum moss to his larger hide. When we're ready to step up to a larger enclosure, I'd really like to get a Precision cage. I keep going to their website and drooling.

Ehh, I don't think aspen is a good idea in a high humdity environment. It molds very easily. Also, I own a couple of Precisions......they are made of melamine and this material does not do well under high humidity either, causing the front door to bow and eventually rotting away the inside of the cage. I can try and get some pics later to show you what I mean.

Thanks
    Thanks for the warnings. I'll reconsider the Precision and keep an eye on the aspen.

Yeah, a good rubbermaid and some cypress mulch/spahgnum moss would be perfect IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast