Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,356

2 members and 1,354 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

New to ball pythons and the forum

Hello all! New to the forums. My wife and I bought a pastel this weekend at the Daytona show. We already had 6 cresties and 2 corn snakes but decided to jump in to Balls as well. Bought the pretty little boy below. Hes about 2 months old and I am currently keeping him in a 10 gallon with two hides (hot and cold sides), a pretty big water dish (but not too deep with water), aspen bedding, UTH with a thermostat (set for about 90ish degrees). Just wanted to introduce myself on the forum and show off my new addition! Im sure I will be asking a ton of questions so thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    Welcome!! To the forum and the ball python addiction!

I have some cresties as well. Cool little guys! You will really enjoy your ball python. Planning on breeding those cresties or eventually ball pythons?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Welcome to the forum, as well as the addiction! Bps are wonderful. This is a great place for answers. I couldn't see your picture though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks

Re: New to ball pythons and the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Welcome!! To the forum and the ball python addiction!

I have some cresties as well. Cool little guys! You will really enjoy your ball python. Planning on breeding those cresties or eventually ball pythons?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Only had him for two days and I really love him. They are just so chill compared to corns. We are planning on breeding the geckos. Got a few beauties and just picked up a male with some amazing quad pinning today actually. As of right now Im only planning on keeping the one Ball as a pet, no breeding…but thats how the geckos started too so who knows right? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Welcome to the forum, as well as the addiction! Bps are wonderful. This is a great place for answers. I couldn't see your picture though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the welcome. I cant see anything wrong with my pic (although I did have trouble making it work so Im not sure if I may have messed something up). I had been somewhat resistant to bps for a while, just thought they were too cliche or what not and was reluctant to get an animal that would get too big but after some more interaction with them at this expo I could see the draw and jumped on the bandwagon and so far Im glad I did!

Thanks
    Hey Rass Welcome ball python are a addiction i have only had my guy for little over a month now first one and now i want more ! welcome to the forums congrats on your new ball python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Burzurk View Post
    Hey Rass Welcome ball python are a addiction i have only had my guy for little over a month now first one and now i want more ! welcome to the forums congrats on your new ball python

Thanks a lot! I can see how the guys can become a problem lol. Just like the cresties we have. Or tattoos. Cool things tend to work this way I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to pose a quick question because I did not see it on the care sheet here. I always feed my corns in a separate tank than they live in. Should I do the same thing with my Ball? I would think yes to avoid him swallowing substrate, not associating me reaching in with food, etc. but since I have not read anything to say this I want make sure before we feed him in a few days. Thanks so much for any help!

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    I never need my bps out of their homes. But that's just me. When one of our bps wasn't eating well we tried putting her in a box but she didn't take all the time there either. As for the picture. It probably doesnt work because you're using your google account to host it. I've never done it that way. Use photobucket to host the pic and then use that IMG source to put it on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    I never need my bps out of their homes. But that's just me. When one of our bps wasn't eating well we tried putting her in a box but she didn't take all the time there either. As for the picture. It probably doesnt work because you're using your google account to host it. I've never done it that way. Use photobucket to host the pic and then use that IMG source to put it on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input Solar, on both feeding and the pic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    I feed all mine in their home enclosure. None of them show any cage aggression or anything like that. If and when there is substrate ingestion, it is minimal, not a big deal. I keep all my snakes on paper towels now though.
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I feed all mine in their home enclosure. None of them show any cage aggression or anything like that. If and when there is substrate ingestion, it is minimal, not a big deal. I keep all my snakes on paper towels now though.

Thanks for letting me pick your brain. I appreciate it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rasslinrinyu For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (08-20-2012)