Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,800

0 members and 1,800 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How long will a beardie be happy in a 10 gallon tank? I know he'll outgrow it and need a MUCH bigger tank as an adult...but I have an empty 10 gal now and am just wondering if it'd be useful for awhile...hopefully up to 6 months or so. Of course, it'll depend on how big of a baby I get...if I get one of these.

Also...do beardies do ok by themselves or do they prefer company. I know for sure I don't want any unplanned breeding, so if a pair is recommended, I would want either m/m or f/f, depending on who would get along best.
    -- Judy

I'd say you could keep a baby in a 10 gallon for a couple of months....probably not more than that, as they are fast-growing little boogers.

I have had minimal success keeping beardies together, even of the same sex, age and size. I know alot of people do it, but I don't have alot of experience with this. I do know that you don't want to keep 2 males together, as they will fight ALOT. I think a f/f combo would be best.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David. I'd be perfectly happy with one...so long as I know it's not pining away for a "buddy" or anything. I know snakes are typically loners, but wasn't sure about the dragons.
    -- Judy

They definitely don't "need" companions. They do just fine kept by themselves.