Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,998

4 members and 2,994 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BP's and Stress

Thanks
    Jotay, good for him! He apparently has good herp instincts. How old is he? And I'm glad Ozzy seems satisfied with both hides now.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    You're right, it's possible he's come out while I'm sleeping. I used to see him out and about starting around 10 or 11 o clock, but now I haven't seen him out at all. I'll try doing some different things with a hide.

Thanks
    Marla,
    He is 13 soon to turn 14 in May.
    Yeah i have been explaining to him what I have learned and alot of the times he tells me the correct things before I even say it. I don't know where he gets it from!?!
    He likes to handle Ozzy and watch him eat other than that his interest is minimal. Tho, the other night when i was cleaning the cage my son and Ozzy took a nap together on his bed, it was so darn cute and my dumb self didn't even get a pic, oh well.

Thanks everyone for all the help!
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    Gen, let us know what you try and how it works. It's always good to learn from one another's experiences.

Jotay, sounds like he may just have good instincts for herp care, which is great even if he doesn't choose to put them to use. Maybe you can get a good shot of them together at the next opportunity. I kick myself sometimes for missing a good photo opportunity.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    I found a really cool hide I liked at Petco, so I bought it and replaced the log. It's like a little den made out of rock, and should give him more security then the hollowed out log. He hasn't left the other hide yet, but it's still early so we'll see. I'll let you know if it makes a difference. I also got some fake plants for looks. I know they won't make much difference to my snake, but I think they look cool.

BTW, Godfather, Monty is not wild caught, he's captive bread. Sorry I didn't answer your question before, I didn't know what you meant by "WC". According to the pet shop I bought him from, he was eating a prekilled mouse regularly once a week. I did see him eat with no problem at the shop before I brought him home. So I think it's just stress over change in environment that's causing him to not eat. Plus I was handling him a lot at first because I didn't know any better. Now I'm just trying to do everything I can to make my new buddy feel happy and safe.

Thanks
    Cool, gen. I'm glad you found a more secure hide you like. I hope Monty likes it, too, and he probably will since it's more secure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12