Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,761

3 members and 1,758 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    :? So...
    I am curious if there are any hot snake keepers in this forum..??? so what is the deal with hot snakes? I must admit that I am intrigued with the concept of having something like an Eyelash viper but I would have to use common sense and say that I am not ready for anything like that yet - but it does make me interested that someday when I am more experienced in dealing with herp that I would like the challenge of a hot species. I have been working now and then at Repto-Mania and I am really getting used to dealing with some of the more irascible pythons...like the Bloods and Retics...so I would say that I am gaining experience with herps.

What is it like to have a hot snake? does it ever make you paranoid that it might escape? when you are performing cage maintenance and feeding does it ever seem like your number might come up some day and you may get bit? I have a great deal of experience with invertebrates and I used to work with giant Scolopendra centipedes and they have a truly nasty bite...send you right to the ER....I finally got out of that hobby as I felt like it was sort of like the odds were catching up with me you know???

What kind of permits are needed for a hot snake? what are the best species to start out with someday? Copperheads? Eyelash vipers? Black Mambas ????? hahahahahhahahahaha....just joking there....sheesh...

:roll: EyelashViper

I have a western hognose....does that count?

Thanks
    Hm. Barely, I'd say. Has it ever chewed up your finger?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Yes, he has. I had no reaction whatsoever....besides alot of blood, lol.

Thanks
    You got lucky I guess. I saw some guy's web page where he documented what happened when his hognose chewed up his finger. He couldn't use his arm for like 2 days cuz it was so swollen.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Hots are wonderful to work with, but they definatley demand respect (and deserve it as all herps do), We do not keep hots here, as we have a child and decided against becomeing liscenced for hots. But both my husband and I have worked with them and truly enjoy the experiences.
    We both see ourselves becomeing more involved with the rescue side of hots once our son is older. As for now we do as much work as we can in conservation of these spectacular animals.
    That I feel is the best way to enjoy them.
    Thanks
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks

Looking for male breeding BP

I have had various snakes turtles and lizards since I was a small boy. I recently bought my first and more then likely last venimous snake. It is a female False water cobra or Brazilian Smooth snake as some people know them as. She is very beautiful and seems tame so far. She is by far the most active snake I have ever owned. Everyday day in a learning experience with her for sure.
    Ace
    1.1 Ball Pythons (Adam & Eve)
    0.1 False Water Cobra (Paca)
    1.0 Gopher Snake (No Name Yet!)
    0.0.1 Columbian Red Tail Boa ( For Sale )

Thanks
    people, even myself, will tell you to start off with copperheads. personally, i think they are an underrated hot. it is still a hot and demands utmost respect, unless you want to get tagged....if you are squirmish about pedes, maybe you should reconsider.....

Thanks
    I keep 40 hots ranging from cobras to rattlers.
    I am Virginias greatest power lifter. Who says that? I say that. Jeff Q

Thanks

Pics

I know you. Jeff Quarles. Nice to see ya. I see you're quite a hot collector. Maybe you can share some stories and experiences. Like the stories behind the two bites you've received since owning hots. :shock:

Welcome to bp.net.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast