Well hey everybody,
I have just passed the year mark that I have been into herpetology (snakes and Ball Pythons primarily) and I have really learned a lot about snake biology! My two favorite snakes are my namesake the Eyelash Viper and our perennial favorite the King Cobra. I like the Eyelash viper for its tremendous range of brilliant color morphs that it occurs in....salmon pink, bright yellow and bright green, often with other colors mixed in. I believe that it is only a moderately venomous snake ( although I have read mixed reviews on this ) but it is definitely a striking snake and is highly arboreal - I love the way it looks.

And oh yes...my other snake to drool over...the Hamadryad...or the King Cobra. I am fascinated with this snake as I have read that it seems to display a rather high intelligence level for a reptile - it seems as though it can recognize its keepers and differentiate between humans ( !!! ) it has a sinister, intelligent look to it.It is said that it is capable of rearing nearly five feet off the ground and can look you right in the eye.That must be surely very impressive. I admit that I collect photos of snakes now....I have a whole series of photos of ELVs and Cobras on the wall in my snake room right next to my Ball Pythons.

If I was a rich bachelor ( Well, I AM a bachelor...one out of two huh?? ) I would have a Chondo setup in my living room - a large tall glass tank with jungle plants and a huge Green Tree Python coiled around a branch right where it would be the first thing you see when you came over to my apartment for a nitecap...( something for the ladies to look forward to...heeheehee ) for right now though I can not really afford a GTP setup so my babies are Trinity, Apok and little Cypher.....!!!!!!!!!

I will be talking about snakes a lot from here on out as I just discovered this general forum...hopefully we can get to know each other better !!!!!

:wink: EyeLashViper