Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,059

1 members and 3,058 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Help!

Thanks

Unhappy Help!

Ok,so heres what happened,Saturday night,one of my juvenile BP's got out of her temporary tank while in the car,and last night we found her by the cars firewall(we felt her tail but got spooked and moved).Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can draw her out?She seems to be stuck back there,and if we can draw her out enough to guide her the rest of the way out.Tried using a heat source under the hole she crawled up,but with no luck.

Thanks
    What about using a mouse, or rat, in a container.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2.3 Quarter Horses
    1.0 Dogs, Beagal
    2.2 Box Turtles
    0.0.3 Ball Python
    Cows

Thanks
    The best thing you can do is run an extension cord out to the car and put a heating pad under the floormat. Place a hide on the warm spot. You can also place a live mouse or rat in a container with a hole on the top (but so the rodent can not escape into the car - you don't want two problems). Between those two, hopefully, you can lure the snake out.

We once had a pied get lose in the car and it took 13 days for it to come out. It was up in the dash. Good luck!

Thanks

Re: Help!

Thanks!I know we put a heating pad down,but with no results,and I did buy a hopper yesterday for one of my other juveniles(but she isnt interested),so I may try that. We thought she would have been cooked by this weekends heat,so my boyfriend got me another juvenile,then called me last night saying Sphinx is alive,just is a hard to get area.My tank is big enough for 3 juveniles,and I also have a backup tank(for holding snakes while cleaning the tank,or allowing one to eat). That feisty girl has been on my mind all weekend,and the guy we got the BPs from was kind enough to offer a discount on our most recent BP,as he has had plenty of experiences with escapees. Also a quick question,how much humidity should I have in my tank as a general rule of thumb. The basking area is around 88-90F,and the ambient is around 84F.(I have hides and water dishes on both sides). Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    I try to keep my humidity around 50% - 60%. Here is a link to a good care sheet if you need some more information: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...s%29-Caresheet

Thanks
    Ok thanks! I've researched online with a bunch of different answers =|

Thanks

Re: Help!

Good news! Sphinx came out on her own,bit my boyfriend about 6-7 times while he was trying to get a good hold on her.But visually she looks good,just a bit cranky,she did eat today,but now is in good spirits(shes the most feisty of the 3).Shes enjoying her bigger cage we finished Sunday morning,full belly and all.The guy we got her and the other 2 from said if she stays pretty aggressive he'll take a look at her,and make sure there isnt an injury,but she seems to be fine.So since the 3 girls ate,their new feed schedule is on Monday,instead of Sundays like usual. So happy day,and thank you for the advice =)