Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,804

1 members and 2,803 guests
Fini,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I love my normal bp but i've read some of the posts and man its like just stay with the normal and your safe...i would love to get a pastel morph or a ghost but whats better paying an arm and a leg for a morph or keeping your fingers crossed and hope you have a het...where can i find a morph thats priced right help :?:

Thanks

morphs or hets or normal

Unfortunately, I dont think you will find a "morph" at the "right" price, unless spending a few thou is no big deal. Morphs are just expensive. And, if you are just into bp's for pets, why put out that kind of $ anyhow. As far as a "het", if you are not going to breed, why get one... "het" for anything dont mean nothing but big $ signs if you are just keeping it as a pet.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

LOL.....you'd know if you had a het. Ball Pythons aren't like cornsnakes. When people breed for morphs, they make sure to get thier investment money back in either hets or the morphs themselves. Unless you paid an exorbited amount for your snake....its a normal.

Banned
    Thanks
    Why buy pastel hets when you can buy a nice pastel for under 900.

Man, back during November pastels were all the freaking rage, seriously. Seems their fame has died down. This thread made me think bout it.

Pastels are so cute...

Thanks
    Because a pastel is a pastel het. Super pastel is the homozygous form.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Banned
    Thanks
    I know, hehe I'm not used to hets showing it, so I keep grouping them with morphs. If it looks diff, morph in my mind. So what, they a morph, morph het? Where do they belong, lol. I consider pastels and supers diff morphs.

Thanks
    I think pastel qualifies as a morph because its phenotype (appearance) is visibly different from normal. Same with burgandy balls, genetic stripes, spiders, platinums, albinos, etc. I guess you could characterize super pastel as a different morph, but it's really just the homozygous form of the same morph, even though its appearance is different.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    man oh man...how bout a super mojave....im a sucker for the mojaves. im surprised it hasnt happened yet. its been tried but the female did get out any eggs. i think thats how it went...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe we'll find out later this year if the mojaves have a "super" form. I'm hoping!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I hope so, too, and that within the next season or two we'll find out which morphs actually produce the leucistics. They are so beautiful!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast