Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,034

0 members and 3,034 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    I just want to thank those of you on here who have helped ease my paranoia in the last week while my snake went into shed and hadn't defacated, and i wasn't getting the proper humidity, etc etc etc...

Tonight I actually got to watch my bp shed it skin. All came off in once piece except for a little patch on the top of its head, it looked like a hat curling up around the edges. One pass on the corkbark got rid of that with ease. But before it started to rub its skin off, it slithered over to its water bowl and expelled quite a bit of feces...the brown and the white stuff. I think I have a toilet trained snake on my hands.

So now that its off shed I can feed it once again, I'll post some pics tomorrow of the shed and of its awesome new colors.

Thanks again for all the help! I got great advice!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Crazy night for Amber

congrats on the shed and poop! Im hoping Plisskens gos as well when its his turn.

Thanks
    Actually, I have the shed right in front of me....he had a soak about 30 mins before he actually started to shed, so it came off in a few pieces when I cleaned out the cage. I can't find the eye caps, but Amber's eyes look perfectly clear. What are the signs of a retained eye cap? Would it be really obvious?
    -Brad

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Retained eyecaps aren't usually milky or anything...they're clear and make the eyes look a little "glassy." What's usually most obvious about them is a little jagged edge around the eye. My gopher snake had retained caps after his first shed with me and he rubbed them off himself within a week of shedding. So long as you're not dealing with multiple retained caps, you will be fine just observing for awhile and seeing what happens, IF indeed he even has them.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Hey elevatethis, glad to hear things went well. Did you fix your humidity problem yet?