Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 457

2 members and 455 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Looking at Marlas Sterilite Drawer system and hearing bout Johns custom built cages got me to wondering,if I could make individual drawers to slide a sterilite under the bed storage bin in and out of. The drawers would be of course stackable cause all they would be is identical boxes with a 39 1/2"x 20 1/4" x7" storage bin inside. This way you could stack em any way ya want to fit nicely in whatever room you might keep them, now or in the future, (in case of a move).

Sound like a stupid idea? Sound like a plan?
    Any suggestions on what would be the most cost effective material to construct something like this out of? Shut yer mouth beagle, your anoying the hell outa everybody?
    ........................awww nobody likes my idea :cry:

Banned
    Thanks
    like a rack system tucked under your bed?

Thanks
    Not to be a gloom-monger, but your under the bed rack system will require some heat source. That means you'll be sleeping in a bed with a constant electrical heat source running. If (God forbid) there was a malfunction and a fire, it would start in your bed.

Just food for thought.

K
    2.1.0 Kidletts
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Rex)
    0.0.1 Okeetee Corn (Maizey)
    1.1.0 BCI (Lancelot & Ruby)
    0.1.0 Cat (Ginger)
    1.0.0 Pughuahua (Ranger)

Thanks

downside

I don't think beaglegod was talking about actually keeping the bin under his bed. I think he was referring to the type of bin he would like to use. They're referred to as "under-the-bed" containers because they are long and wide but not very deep, so they could easily be slid under a bed. Correct me if I'm wrong, beaglegod.

I think it sounds like a good idea, but I've never made my own enclosures, either.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    LOL! not under the bed, but using those rubbermaid under the bed clear plastic storage bins, since they come in some realy big sizes. . I would build the housing for the bin to slide in and out of like a drawer out of say something like melamine, and each unit could stand on top of the next. Basicaly a melmine box with heat tape and a clear plastic storage bin that slides inn and out like a dresser drawer.Since you make each one as an individual as apposed to one big unit you could stack them however you needed to based on the area/room youll be keeping them................................Make sense? :wink:

P.S. Sorry smynx I didnt catch yer reply, yes thats exactly it. :o

Thanks
    Yes, I think that would work well, but you might want to check a store that carries a wide variety of containers (like The Container Store) and see if you can't just find suitably-sized large stacking drawers and save yourself the trouble of building the melamine housing. I'd suggest seeing them in person rather than ordering online, though, so you can check for escape route, snugness of fit, etc.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks Marla for that link, I did find a nice stackable type of drawers but the largest they had measured 27" x 23" x 6-1/2" h, and I dont think thats gonna be enough floor space but if they were a bit bigger they would be perfect, in fact Id buy about 4 of em without even thinking about it. Heres the link to them:
    http://www.containerstore.com/browse...9600&FEEDCNT=3

Im gonna hunt around and see if they make something similar to these in a larger size,but I doubt they do. :cry:

Thanks

Success

I don't know if you have a store like that in your area (I do, give or take 20 miles or so), but if you do it's probably worth a trip to check 'em out. Also, Rubbermaid and Sterilite both have web sites that show all their current models, and the other manufacturers probably do, too. If nothing else, you could figure out what model bin or drawer you want and save yourself some driving time by calling around to find them.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ive got a containerstore 10 minutes from my house,but if thats the biggest size they come in I dont think theyll be big enough for full grown BPs
    27" x 23" x 6-1/2" h

What do you think, too small eh?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wow

ya too small. i wonder how long ittl be until a dwarf ball python pops up...lol. wow, that container is almost square. you want it to be 3' x 1.5' x 6". im sure you already knew that though...just throwin it out there,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast