Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,163

3 members and 3,160 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    You asked how I had the Sterilite containers set up, so here's a photo:

As you can see, each one has its own individual digital indoor-outdoor thermometer/hygrometer. Each also has a heat source underneath, two hides, newspaper substrate, and a water dish. Seymour lives up top and mostly stays under the rock in the back middle. Hanover lives in the first drawer and mostly stays in the pvc hide on the left or on the left under the paper (when I found he was doing that, I put a pad under the paper to keep him from getting burned and he stays on top of or to the side of it). Snyder lives in the bottom drawer and mostly stays in her little tree. The easiest way to keep both temps and humidity right so far has been to use the 49 qt. drawers with a human heat pad with adjustable heat.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Awesome, Marla. Thanks.

Thanks
    You're welcome. I also should have mentioned the drawers have two rows each of 8 holes made with a soldering iron for ventilation.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks

Great

Very nice. If Smulkin and I acquire any more (and if he has his way, we will - and I probably won't argue about it), that definitely seems like the more economical way to go in terms of housing, heating and humidity.

Thanks
    It's certainly more economical though not necessarily as attractive. I'm sure I could make them look better if that were a high priority for me, but it's not at this point. The important thing to me is that they really do work for creating a good environment.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    whats the floor space on those sterilite drawers Marla? By the way nice job, Im with you, keep it simple,keep em happy.

Your givin me ideas :idea: on what I may do if I dont build a melamine rack just yet.

Thanks
    These particular drawers measure approximately 20" wide by 17" deep by 10" high, which makes them a good size for small to medium bp's but a little small for full grown adults. They also have a hole under the drawer where it's easy to put a heat pad and still have a little space to slide over it and provide airflow, but there is no easy escape route out of these. I'd like to have a rack eventually, but since I need to move in a few months and still have a manageable number of snakes for this type enclosure, i think this makes more sense for now.