Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,970

1 members and 2,969 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Not eating.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Anyone know what this is?

OK i know this subject is posted to death. My new BP fluffy i got when my BP patches died which was on the 6th of Feb. I always feed on fridays. Since he had eaten just that last wednsday so i didnt feed Fluffy when i went to go pick him up. So i tried to feed him the friday after i got him and didnt eat. This was Friday the 13th maybe bad luck. Then it was feeding time again this time i got 2 rats smacked em dead and gave one to Jojo which he jumped right on and i put Fluffy in a small card board box for about 45 minutes and Fluffy didnt take it. So the following day i went to the reptile shop and got a white mouse and Fluffy ate it YAY!!!??? But this friday I tried to feed him again and nothing. Should I be concerned the temps are high 80's low 90's on the warm side and a pretty consistant 80 on the cool side and humidity around 65%. Any advice? Sorry for the wordy post.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i got one named fluffy too she the one in my avatar.
    that all sounds good. what are your night time temps? maybe he just prefers to eat every other week. at least hes not goin for longer fasts. perhaps it prefers live over dead in which case youll have to train it to know that dead mice are still food.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ok i tried to feed fluffy again and she doesnt even seem interested. I am getting concerned her weight is going down and she is getting thinner. I put the mouse in her tank and she did nothing then i put her in a rubbermaid container with it and she doesnt even seem interested. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Damien

Thanks
    How old is Fluffy?

Put Fluffy and a dead rodent in a pillow case thats tied at the top, put that in the tank and leave them over night. It may work, I have used this method before.

If that dont work, maybe Fluffy prefers longer spans before eating again. You may want to consider taking Fluffy to the vet... how much weight has Fluffy lost and in how much time are we talking about?
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I did notice today that her eyes are cloudy maybe she is going to shed. Do any one elses BP not eat when they are shedding? My other BP Jojo eats likea pig he will eat any rodent we put in the tank if my other bp dont eat i just give it to Jojo.
    Thanks,
    Damien