Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,486

1 members and 1,485 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

just a rant.

Man that is one of the coolest things I've ever done. Sprocket went into actual shed 2 days ago but seemed to be having trouble getting out of her old skin, so when I was on my way to bed I stopped to look at her and ended up gettin her out of her tank and into the bath tub. I let her soak and swim around till she started gettin restless with it, and when I got her out of the tub she was rubbin and pullin against my arm like she never has before and I noticed her skin was startin to peel off so I caught on to what she was tring to do and started helpin her.

Immediately after I started helpin rub her old skin off I could tell she was appreciative because she the front 1/5 of her that i had gotten done was rubbin against me and just really active. Total it took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get about 99% of her skin off. There's still a few very small patches left on the top/back of her head, and the very tip of her tail but after gettin all of her 4 1/2' length off she was getting restless so we called it quits for tonight. I"ll get her back in the tub tommorow and get the rest of that skin off.

Her body came off in three pieces... two large and the last 6" or so of her came off in one beautiful!!!! piece. Shows her tail marking perfectly I'll scan them in or take a digital pic of her shed tommorow as its like 4:30am right now and i'm a walking zombie!

Does anyone have any pictures of scale rot on a BCI? I think she MIGHT have about 8 scales on the rear side of her bottom jaw that might be scale rot... either that or just dead skin that still needs to come off. I'll see if they come off tommorow when I finish up gettin her skin off.

HEHEH That was soooooo coooool!!!!!!!
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

Thanks

Assisted with Sprockets first shed :)

Ok I just did a quick google search for scalerot, and everything that came back does NOT sound like what the scales I'm talkin about show. I'll still take digital pics and let some of the "experts" give me their opinions. Tho I'm thinking they're just scales with old skin still on them.
    -Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's so cool! Sounds like a genuine bonding moment! :wink:
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Chris: we had to do the same thing with Suki when we first got her. Some of her skin actually came off in the tub without us having to rub or anything. We did have to rub around her neck, close to her head, and it came off readily enough, but she had this really stubborn patch on the top of her head. It took us several days to get it off, and we were so excited when she finally lost her eye caps. She was very patient with us, and it's funny, but she seemed really appreciative too. It so awesome when they rub up against you as hard as they can trying to get that skin off!

Thanks
    Here's a picture of teh scales i was talkin about.

Andone know what they are? Is it just dead skin or scalerot or somethin?
    -Chris