Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,333

2 members and 3,331 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I believe people should be on their own for a bit before committing to another person to find out who they really are. Having said that, my husband is the only guy I dated, we knew each other online for four years, met in person twice and he moved out here seven months later, we where married five months after that. Would have been three if his parents could have came earlier! I was 21 : ). It really depends on the individual, at 18 I knew if he ever moved into my area we would make it work. Apperantly, I found out recently, he told my Mom for four years that he was going to marry me!

: D My mom actually masterminded getting him from NY to Washington State for a visit to see how we hit it off in RL (real life). His parents had no clue until my Mom called them! They toned him out when he talked about his gaming friends.
    Last edited by Sama; 07-28-2012 at 06:04 AM.
    Skagit Reptiles

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy View Post
    The problem with that is, I've never really been interested in anyone else.
    While everyone else in my class was chasing boys, I was uninterested, I just didn't see the point of dating with no feeling attached to it, and anyone who was interested in me were promptly turned down. (And I was called all sort of nasty names like the C and B words, along with stuck up for that reason)
    My fiance and I started out as friends and we moved up from there.
    I understand what you mean, though, if it were the other way around, and someone my age was engaged, I'd think "Are you sure you know what you're getting into?". You're not the first to tell me this, and I appreciate advice, I just don't like the idea of someone telling me I shouldn't do something without knowing the exact situation.

He's one of those guys I literally cannot picture myself with anyone else. It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't share the same feelings, especially as young as we are.
    Like us, it wasn't a question of if we would get married, just when. He just fit, I couldn't see not talking to him every day, and within a few hours of seeing him I couldn't not see him being a part of my life. Dang, it is hard to explain... Having him there was natural, right, and couldn't be any other way once you see what could be. Good grief, sounds like romantic nonsense put that way. Natural is closest for me to describe it as, meant for each other.
    Last edited by Sama; 07-28-2012 at 06:27 AM.
    Skagit Reptiles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sama For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-18-2013)

Thanks

Re: My fiance wants to make our cat our best man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    Like us, it wasn't a question of if we would get married, just when. He just fit, I couldn't see not talking to him every day, and within a few hours of seeing him I couldn't not see him being a part of my life. Dang, it is hard to explain... Having him there was natural, right, and couldn't be any other way once you see what could be. Good grief, sounds like romantic nonsense put that way. Natural is closest for me to describe it as, meant for each other.
    I always love hearing about online relationships the work out since most people have a negative opinion towards them, I love it when they are full grown.

and I know, it sounds all good in your head, but when you put it into words it sounds like blubbery nonsense.
    -Hanna :)

Thanks

As for the cat, I am not so sure he/she will enjoy it. Most cats don't like a lot of people etc. And in 3 years your fiance might make a new friend who is not a "jerk" and want him as a best man. Plus cats give lousy speeches

As for your age. Who cares, you are an adult. Good for you for not running around with lots of guys.
    Who is to say what is right or wrong for you.

And if you are still a member here in 3 years, then post some wedding pics

Good luck to both of you
    BP
    1.0.0 Normal (Max)

Corns
    1.1.0 Albino (Blade), Snow Corn (Snowflake)

Cats
    0.4.0 Yoshi, Seven, Comet, Dash

Dogs
    0.2.0 Sky, Jade

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camel For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-18-2013),Navy (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    I don't know when this question sidetracked into a debate about the appropriate age to marry..

As for the cat, I think it's weird..

3 years is a long time. I wouldn't do any planning until you guys are ready to start setting dates. In my experience, you do the most growing/ changing between 18 - 21. Your mindset is going to change a lot over the next few years.

Cheers,
    Chris.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decensored For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-18-2013),STjepkes (06-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    I love my cats, so them in a wedding wouldn't be to off. But not as a best man. That would be a person. But maybe just there in a tux.

As far as getting married that young - Imo, people still have a lot of growing up to do at 18. Most people for about the next 5. And people change. Why don't you just enjoy each other, don't talk marriage until a few years down the road and see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

decensored (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    Okay I know I wasn't going to talk about the marriage aspect of this post but meh, I'm bored.

I've been with my gf for 6 years going on 7, we've been together since we were 16 and we are way different now than we were then. Both individually and together. We've lived together for 2 years now, and frankly we're still not even considering marriage. It will happen eventually but why are you going to rush into something so final. Enjoy each other and see how you grow. If you still feel the same way in a few years than that's awesome. But that's when you should be making plans. I don't believe you can fully know someone until you've lived with them. And I am the kind of person that doesn't believe in divorce.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to decensored For This Useful Post:

STjepkes (06-17-2013)

Thanks
    I'm not sure about the cat as best man though. I think it's hard to know if you really love someone until you've been with a lot of people you definitely do not love.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    Good grief, sounds like romantic nonsense put that way.
    One month into a relationship in college, I "knew", and really enlightened previous relationships where in hindsight that "well, I'm pretty uncertain about our future" should have been quite a bit more certain. Nonsense or not, it worked out well for me.

Still, we've taken the smart road I think, and while hearts can change in an instant it takes the brain much longer to adjust. Here it is seven and a half years later. We'll be going engagement ring shopping together soon.

To the OP: In this day and age of the internet, I actually am surprised I don't see more cats as best men. Maybe make it a hipster-costume wedding, and say that your cat is "ironically" your best man, even if it isn't.

Regardless, if the wedding is years away, give it some time. I've changed my groomsman plans a few times simply because not everyone will stay in a position to fill that role.
    Last edited by mainbutter; 01-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    How are you both financially stable at 18??

Also whats gonna happen when its time for the best mans speech?

Sent using my Galaxy Note 2
    Last edited by Rat160; 01-05-2013 at 12:03 PM.

150 AND COUNTING...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast