Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,641

1 members and 2,640 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My female shed about 3 days ago and I just noticed today that it finally happened. I've got my first retained eye cap. I have heard of many tricks to be rid of them I was just wondering whats worked well for you all in the past. Or if you even think i should bother trying to get it off and wait till next shed and see if it comes off.
    anyway let me know what you all think is best for PIMPETTE THE FEMALE WONDER SNAKE and I.
    thanks
    DVS
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

Thanks
    Is she head shy? If so, I would just leave it. If not, the damp towel is the method I would use.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is my bp a little strange??

I dont' know if the two snakes can compare, but my gopher had a pair retained eyecaps after his first shed with me. I just left them alone and within a week, he'd rubbed both of them off himself. From everything I've read, retained eyecaps are only dangerous if they are retained for multiple sheds, building up. If a gentle technique like the "damp-towel" trick doesn't work, then I would just leave them alone. All those suggestions about tweezers and tape just make me shudder with the risks!
    -- Judy