Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,884

1 members and 2,883 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: AHHHHHH!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    On the augusta , georgia animal shelter's website this is posted. I was completely stunned out of my chair that anyone would state this, especially the shelter itself on their website. Here it is :

"The majority of dogs and cats admitted to the municipal animal control shelter of Augusta-Richmond County becomes a number, a statistic to be counted, inventoried and moved like merchandise. Most will die silently, frightened and alone and disposed of like trash at the county landfill. There are many stories, which are never known, let alone told"

Thanks
    OMG! that is terrible. I know there is questions to what goes on there but come on....thats just cruel.
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    Unfortunately, it happens. I worked as a board member and also was an active rescuer for Border Animal Rescue of Bisbee, Az..

We did our best to find homes for animals that were able to be re-homed, most of the time, the sickly and unadoptable were put to sleep. And the animals do become a number, statistic, and what not- it is hard. We always advocated spay/nueter for pets because of this reason. Uncontrolled pet breeding is a problem we face daily. This story you found is a good example of the reality of what happens to pets when they end up in animal shelters. Yes, it is shocking, another good reason to spay/nueter/or not breed at all. Stories like the one you found, is an example of several stories I had to publish in the paper to try and make someone aware of what was happeneing, to try and get owners to be more responsible, or even boost adoptions.

All I can say- get the word out, spay/nueter/or dont breed at all, because it is the animals who suffer for us humans thoughtless ways.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    I think the shelter was probably trying to use the hard cold truth to motivate people to spay/neuter and take care of the animals they have. Not necessarily a good pr campaign, but maybe effective.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I think the shelter was probably trying to use the hard cold truth to motivate people to spay/neuter and take care of the animals they have. Not necessarily a good pr campaign, but maybe effective.
    Marla....I totally agree...That's what I read out of it..
    Effective!
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    Yeah- it was harsh...and maybe not the best pr ever used, but the hard cold truth can be a huge motivator sometimes. But I say- whatever works!!!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Agreed -- if it works, then more power to them! Most of the animals I've had in my life have been strays or rescues (fish don't count!). Right now we have one cat from the pound, one cat produced by a stray who lived in this house before we moved in (she now lives with my father and is spayed), one dog from the pound, one dog who showed up in the parking lot at work and wasn't claimed within a month, and fish, rats, and bp's purchased from stores or breeders. I've had a rescue skunk, rescue snakes, rescue bunnies, stray cats, stray dogs, a rescue cat, and two rescue iguanas, and that's just me! I'm sure you all have stories, too. There are far too many neglected animals out there.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    it still makes me want to cry regardless of their intentions by the statement.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.