Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,289

0 members and 3,289 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    So ever since the cat died, our under-sink haveaheart mouse trap has been catching deer mice every week or so. I was making some lunch today when I heard a CLINK, and sure enough, a little mouse was freshly trapped. Since Bongo was roaming the couch, I decided to see if he was interested... indeed he was! He went into the hunting "trance" and tried to find a way into the trap. I thought about using the little guy as a feeder, but I remember hearing something about wild rodents being more prone to having parasites. Out into the brush behind my house he went. Is this really a risk?

Thanks
    Yes indeed it is a HUGE risk. I would not reccommend feeding any snake some prey that is wild caught, you would risk parasites getting to your snake/snakes.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Looking at it now, I have to say that it wouldn't be worth it even if there are no risks... its kinda cruel to feed a very small mouse to a 21" snake, it wouldn't even be half a meal.

Say that brings me to another question, I want to switch my snake over to F/T rodents but I don't want to buy 25-30 of each size when I only have one snake. I'll be heading to my first expo this weekend (hopefully), do they ever sell frozen rodents at expos?

Thanks
    Thats what I thought, thanks Jeanne

Thanks
    I have seen frozen at the shows a few times, I would keep your eyes open for them, you may get a good deal.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Which Expo are you going too? I am going to my first one also. It's the Florida International this weekend. I to have the same problem with F/T mice. I just have one bp. :lol: