Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,355

2 members and 3,353 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: ASF Drowning :(

Thanks

ASF Drowning :(

OMG! It was so sad!

I woke up, showered, made my tea like any other morning, checked out Fauna and KS, then decided to check on the animals. My innocuous morning routine. When I opened the last tub of ASFs I got a horrible surprise. As I opened it, I saw little baby ASFs floating! It was so sad! The breeders chewed through the hose AGAIN, but this time, with deleterious consequences! The adults were SOAKING wet, all but two of my baby pinks were dead, and those two I'm still not too sure about making it.

When I cleaned the tub and put the adults back, they seemed to be so thankfully gregarious! I gave the Queen B of the tub back the two babies, and I hope they make it. There were well over 30 babies in that tub.

Then, of course to put the icing on the cake, I went to fix the water nosel and it was gone! I went back and searched through the trash (which was hard to do, seeing all those stiff baby pinks ) and didn't find it. Looks like I have to go get a water bottle for them until I can get the gravity fed water system fixed up for them before I run to see my patients today.

Ugh... Note to self. BUY THE HOLDING CLAMPS FOR THE SYSTEM!!! I didn't think they'd be useful-- still don't know if they will be-- but I gotta try them out now. I don't wanna lose another tub full of babies!

Thanks

Update

Well, I decide to make my own clips today to prevent this from happening again! I took some large paper clips, slipped them over the nosel and crimped each side. Then I slipped the hose onto the nosel over the crimped paper clip. Now they can't pull it in because the paper clip is holding it up. Small light at the end of the tunnel...

Thanks
    sorry to hear about your losses.

Good luck with the remedy.

Cheers,

Chris.