Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 650

1 members and 649 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Just one question than in regards to humidity within a rack system.
    If the temp. requirements are similar but one species requires less humidity than another, (eg. BP and a hognose, both can use a basking spot of 88-92 and ambient temps are about the same but hoggies humidity is 30-40%) is there a way to modify one of the bins to hold less humidity? Like maybe drilling holes in a certain area?

Humidity Control in a Rack System

Nahh, I just supply a larger water bowl for the BP in my rack. And when she goes into shed, I mist 2x a day.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I should probably refine my question since I may have been a bit vague.
    You see right now my BP has a steady humidity of 60% it rises and falls slightly throughout the day, however if I was to house a species in this enclosure that required the same temps but less humidity Im not sure how I would modify it to keep in the heat but release some of the moisture. So with a rack system that has a basking spot in each enclosure of 88-92 and ambient temps of 78-85, there are lots of species that enjoy those temps but they seem to varry when it comes to humidity, and plastic enclosures realy can hold humidity well.

Am I making sense? Cause if Im not just slap me in the mouth and tell me to stop it. :lol:

How do you guys mist??

I hear what you're saying.....the humidity won't be a problem. I keep a BP, hognose, corns, a savu python, a african house snake, and my Sonoran BCIs in my rack system. For those who need more humidity, I just give them a bigger water bowl and mist them when needed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    aah ok I got it. I shoulda figured this one out on my own. More humidity=bigger water dish closer to heat source, less humidity= smaller water dish farther away from heat source. Thanx David.

No problem.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    if humidity is still to high, drill more holes (or melt with soldering iron) preferably close to the top of the cage.