Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,927

0 members and 2,927 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tokay gecko

Thanks
    I've been eyeing them for awhile and finally broke down and got one. We named her Stickers. When we get the male, we are gonna name him Prickers. I know a few of you have had them before.. If you have any advice feel free to pass it on to me..

Banned
    Thanks

Tokay gecko

Have some gloves. Better have a big cage. Feeding pinkies are a but load of fun, but if you wanna have some real action feed fuzzies that can walk. Better mist alot, and have lots of plants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BallKingdom
    Have some gloves. Better have a big cage. Feeding pinkies are a but load of fun, but if you wanna have some real action feed fuzzies that can walk. Better mist alot, and have lots of plants.

Would a 46 tall work for a pair or would I be better off to go with something along the lines of a 55-75 long?

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, thats good. If you wanna be perfect find a big rubbermaid, like 75 gallons. And use that. That'd be tokay paradise. Get 1.2 in there and you'd be set.

You goin natural or fake?

Not trying to be a jerk....but shouldn't you have done as much research as possible BEFORE buying the gecko?

Banned
    Thanks
    He did ask for tips, not care info. And considering caresheets reccomend anything from 10 gallons to 65 for a single tokay as minumum, that part could get confusing.

True....it just bothers me when people buy an animal and then ask how to care for it. Sorry if I sounded harsh, that was not my intention.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    fyi, i spoke with shadow over AIM prior to them getting the tokay, and did my best to inform.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Cool! Props to ya Will.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBeard
    Not trying to be a jerk....but shouldn't you have done as much research as possible BEFORE buying the gecko?

I have done it. I read a ton of care sheets and one said that a 20 gal tall would work for a pair. Another one said that a 65 gal is the bare minimum for a pair.. With all the different suggestions out there it is hard to decide what to believe. And since I know that some of you have had them, I was going to see what tank you had used.

She did ask for tips, not care info. And considering caresheets reccomend anything from 10 gallons to 65 for a single tokay as minumum, that part could get confusing.

I just wanted tips, "you know hey this works for me and blah blah blah.. " You know when people ask about lights for their Bp's and you tell them hey, heating pads work better... That's what I am looking for... I know how to care for a tokay gecko and I did talk to Wizzil before getting it.. (Thanks!!) Every animal I own I have researched thouroughly before getting it. I just want the animal in my care to have the best possible life it can.

Yeah, thats good. If you wanna be perfect find a big rubbermaid, like 75 gallons. And use that. That'd be tokay paradise. Get 1.2 in there and you'd be set.

You goin natural or fake?
    I would like to do natural but I suck at plants, so those are going to be fake. I am going for the fake natural look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast