Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,502

4 members and 3,498 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Regurg

Thanks

Regurg

is it normal that after regurgitation they stay in the exact same spot for a day at a time without moving? my snake regurged Sat. and every day she stays in the same spot all day long and when i wake up in the morning she is still in the same spot..and if i try to pet her or move her she hisses... is that normal?

Thanks
    I honestly can't answer the question as to her moving around or not, but do you have an idea as to why she regurged? What are you feeding her, size, f/t or live? If frozen thawed, how do you thaw it out? Are her temps where they need to be?
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks

Re: Regurg

well im a new snake owner... and she ate last thursday for the first time since i got her aobut 2 months ago... i tried f/t for about a month and a half then switched to live and she ate it... but i found out that my tank was wayyyy too hott for her because i didnt have a t-stat on the UTH becasue the guy at petsmart told me it didnt get hot enough to hurt the snake at all... after signing up for this forum i realized what i needed and learned alot and wound up takin uth off unitl the t-stat i ordered comes in.. so bottom line is it was too hot so that is most likely the reason why she regurged bc i was using the cheap thermometers tha stick to the glass that i found out later on arent accurate with the air temperature... so i have her temps and humidity all good now and she just lays in her log jungle gym thing all day and alll night.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts
    Regurges are very stressful on snakes, she's probably just trying to feel better. I wouldn't mess with her at all and wait 2 weeks before feeding an undersized meal.
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks
    Sorry that you got craptacular advice from the chain pet store. Unfortunately, it happens all to often. Good for you for getting the things you need to make her a more comfy home.

Give her about 2 weeks, then try feeding her again, since regurging is pretty stressful on a snake. And as we all say,a hiding bp is a happy bp, so I wouldn't worry much about her hiding all the time.
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks

thats what im doing.. and i think im going to feed her this sunday or monday, about a week and a half after becasue since shes hasnt eaten a full meal since i got her almost 2 months ago i think i should probalby get some food in her cuz shes definetly lost some weight.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Just remember to feed a mouse that is about half the size of what you would regularly feed.

About not moving. It may be stress but a better bet is she just seems to not move around. For example, my bp is in the same place every morning when I get home. I work nights. So it would seem she does not move. However on my nights off I am usually still up all night and get to see her come out and move around a bit every night. Also being that your bp is new to you and young it will be shy and usually only move about when everything in the room is quite and still. The simple fact may be you are missing the times it moves.

Since we did just get the tank setup right it may take alittle time for it to feel at home. Give it time. You will probably find your snake stays on somewhat of a schedule and moves around near the same time each night. Mine usually moves about around 12-1am. BP are naturally shy and sadly are not very good display animals. You can bet that if you have a busy room your snake will stay hidden.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Mine usually moves about around 12-1am.
    dam mines move around from like 11pm - 5am

--

But yeah like everyone has said defiantly wait around 1-2 weeks before feeding again and try a smaller meal this time.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Thanks

yea and the sad thing is i am moving her into a tub this weekend.... i just found out that i cant have any pets at all in my new appt. next year so i figured it would be a lot easier to hide or move a tub.. since its smalll i think it would actually fit in my clothes drawer whenever they do inspections... but they have to give you notice in advance so ill have time to figure out what im gonna do with it. sad that i just got my tank setup right, but ill be able to use almost all the stuff i just got for the tank in my new tub.