Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,077

0 members and 3,077 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Man charged after reptiles die in hot vehicle

http://www.news10.com/story/19033828...medium=twitter

Glad to see that reptiles count and the law is not just for dogs and cats! Not that it's a good story, but at least this guy is getting charged for being a jerk.

Thanks
    Glad to see this as well. With the heat nowadays, it isn't humane to leave anything in the car for any length of time. Heck, even just sitting in my car with the windows fully open is brutal.

It's good to see he is facing charges. That's horrible.
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

Thanks
    Glad he is being charged. That is heartbreaking. Who could do that to living creatures?

Thanks

Re: Man charged after reptiles die in hot vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by chet1028 View Post
    Glad he is being charged. That is heartbreaking. Who could do that to living creatures?
    I still believe that all people who are cruel to animals should be made to suffer in the same conditions. Animals can't protect themselves. We're supposed to protect them. And when people completely disregard this... I just can't imagine it.

This gentleman should be put into a hot car for an undetermined amount of time. Of course, not to kill him.... but to 'severely stress' him
    - Danielle

1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliki View Post
    I still believe that all people who are cruel to animals should be made to suffer in the same conditions. Animals can't protect themselves. We're supposed to protect them. And when people completely disregard this... I just can't imagine it.

This gentleman should be put into a hot car for an undetermined amount of time. Of course, not to kill him.... but to 'severely stress' him
    I agree, last week I was at the mall, and outside in 97F heat were two poodles with the windows barely cracked, I was about to call the police when they showed up.
    -Hanna :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy View Post
    I agree, last week I was at the mall, and outside in 97F heat were two poodles with the windows barely cracked, I was about to call the police when they showed up.
    When I used to work at Petco, we had a few incidences where we had to call owners out to their cars to get their animals out of the heat. There was somebody who left a dog in their car and walked into the store next door, they were probably in the car for 20 minutes and in 90+ degree heat (think of how much warmer it was in the car, without windows cracked), panting away as we tried to contact the owners, even went into the other store and had them call it out on the intercom. Nobody showed up, so somebody called the police, who came and busted the window and got the dog out.

It was painful moving to Washington from Nebraska a couple summers ago, with no AC in my car. Left my pet rats I had with me with a friend in Nebraska because they would've cooked in the car. Brought my Senegal parrot, and misted him down with cool water every once in a while, and drove the whole way with the windows down. He didn't seem to mind the heat, but I was dying... it gets hot FAST in cars, even if it isn't too warm outside, if it's a sunny day, it will bake whatever is inside.

Getting cooked isn't really a pleasant way to go for any creature, except maybe Tardigrades, AKA Moss Piglets, who would probably laugh in the face of car-heat.

Thanks
    People don't realize how quickly heat stroke can kill your animal. As little as an hour is all that it takes. A week and a half ago a friend lost 9 of her dogs when the AC in her kennel stopped working. Earlier in the day she went it to check on them, everyone was fine. 3 hours later she checked again, the AC unit at some point had stopped working and all the dogs had passed. It was terrible.
    23 snakes, 1 tegu, 2 dogs, 5 cats, 3 ferrets and a fish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Errabal View Post
    People don't realize how quickly heat stroke can kill your animal. As little as an hour is all that it takes. A week and a half ago a friend lost 9 of her dogs when the AC in her kennel stopped working. Earlier in the day she went it to check on them, everyone was fine. 3 hours later she checked again, the AC unit at some point had stopped working and all the dogs had passed. It was terrible.
    Having suffered heat stroke before that should have required hospitalization (I was out in the middle of no-where, about 5 hours drive from the nearest medical clinic), I can say that it really doesn't take long at all for heat to overwhelm you. We had no A/C and no real way to cool me off at the time, so they literally tossed me in the lake to get my core temperature down. It was terrible recovering from that, and to this day heat just 'gets me' a little faster than other people.

That's.... horrible to hear about those dogs. That's awful! Oh my goodness
    - Danielle

Thanks
    This is just horrible! I don't understand how anyone can think treating anything, animal, human, or otherwise, like that and think it is ok. I'm glad he is getting what is due. He probably should get worse. Its good to know that reptiles are being represented in animal rights. Just because it isn't fluffy doesn't mean it shouldn't have rights the same as the ones that are fluffy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    26 hours, I think they should leave him in the van the same way as the reptiles and see how well he does.
    0.1.0 Normal Ball Python 2.0.0 BCI ?
    1.0.0 Western Hognose 0.0.1 Albino Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake
    0.1.0 Rosy Boa 0.1.0 Snow Motley Corn snake
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk Snake 0.1.0 Gray Banded King Snake
    2.0.0 Okeetee Corn Snakes 0.1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk snake
    0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake 1.2.0 Hog Island Boas
    1.1.0 Colombian Rainbow Boa 0.1.0 Nicaraguan Boa
    0.1.0 California King Snake 1.0.0 Solomon Island ground Boa
    1.1.0 Amelanistic Nelson's Milk Snake 0.1.0 Sunglow Boa
    0.0.1 Guyanan Red Tail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast