Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,483

5 members and 3,478 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Columbia Repticon

Ok so I went to the show today and had a great time!!!! Of course I didn't come home empty handed. I got some f/t rats, some aspen bedding, and this beauty. It was being sold as a male bumblebee, proven breeder for $450. My wife talked the guy down to $400. Come to find out it's actually a female and I'm not too sure it's a bumblebee unless she's really browned out. When she was being sexed we found out she is actually in shed because some shed started coming off and the guy said he is selling it for a friend so that's why he didn't know. Either way she is AWESOME and her head pattern is was got me and how very mellow she is. I can say this, when I got her we started to leave and realized we forget to get her sexed. So we went back and he popped and probed to know that it is infact a female. The look on his face was priceless when he realized it was female and he tried everything he could for me to take something of the same value but I was hooked on her. She is resting comfortably in her QT area. Let me know; Do you guys see a browned out bumblebee or a high white spider (remember she is in shed)? Is $400 too much for a girl this size of either morph?

What you don't really see in the pictures is the area closest to her belly is very yellow, then goes to white. I hope I didn't get schistered or anything.

P.S. Video coming soon.
    Last edited by RetiredJedi; 07-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    1.0 Boxer (Boba…@bobatheboxer on IG)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Blaming the leader of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their leader."
    ~unknown~
    SUPPORT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    I don't see bumblebee but shes in shed. I totally forgot there was a show this weekend are you going back tomorrow? Nice pick up!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisS For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-14-2012)

Thanks

Re: Columbia Repticon

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I don't see bumblebee but shes in shed. I totally forgot there was a show this weekend are you going back tomorrow? Nice pick up!
    Not going back tomorrow since I spent all my cash today...hahahaha. When I was driving home we started looking at her more detailed since we were outside in the daylight. Now the thing I keep looking at is she definitely doesn't have the head markings of a spider but her back is brown like one. She has the head pattern of a bumblebee with the coloration closer to a spider. She is such an awesome animal and will be very happy in her new home! If you don't see bumblebee,what do you see? I wanted to add that she weighs, 767g.
    Last edited by RetiredJedi; 07-14-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    "Blaming the leader of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their leader."
    ~unknown~
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Well the head had me wondering but that's the only part I see bumblebee I only see spider. But my pastel when she goes into shed gets really dark so maybe after she sheds it will be more apparent. If she is a bumblebee that's one of the cleanest patterns. Low spots, awesome high whites; I'd be happy with her either way.
    Last edited by ChrisS; 07-14-2012 at 05:21 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisS For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-14-2012)

Thanks

great looking Bee you have there! I love the high white sides!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bobmurffy For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-14-2012)

Thanks
    The video is a bit long.

~unknown~

Thanks
    Nice video I haven't watched it all cause I'm at work but I'll finish either later tonight or in the morning.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisS For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    Not going back tomorrow since I spent all my cash today...hahahaha. When I was driving home we started looking at her more detailed since we were outside in the daylight. Now the thing I keep looking at is she definitely doesn't have the head markings of a spider but her back is brown like one. She has the head pattern of a bumblebee with the coloration closer to a spider. She is such an awesome animal and will be very happy in her new home! If you don't see bumblebee,what do you see? I wanted to add that she weighs, 767g.
    Its a Bee. I have one that looks very similar. He started out nice and yellow, then turned brown/green three months later. His head retained the yellow though. He also has the high white sides mixed with yellow spots like yours. I would say you got a good deal. 400 for a female that almost weighs 800g? Nice.
    Last edited by CeeJay; 07-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeJay For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-14-2012)

Royal Morphz Maker Royal Morphz's Avatar
    Thanks
    It is a Bee just a browned out one. Just out of curiosity how did you find out it was a female?
    Tim Johnson

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Morphz For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Morphz View Post
    It is a Bee just a browned out one. Just out of curiosity how did you find out it was a female?
    We started to always have them sexed so we can see it before we leave. Well, we bought her and was walking out and realized that we forgot to get her sexed. So we went back and had them sex her right there. They popped and probed her to make sure but we had already paid for her. They made a mistake.
    Last edited by RetiredJedi; 07-14-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    ~unknown~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast