Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,906

3 members and 2,903 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not. If I should e-mail admin about it, I can do that, too.

I did get the message about the site getting an overhaul and a new look. Has that been completed? Is this the new look? About the only difference I can see is that the table borders have been removed. I miss them, but can live without them.

The other difference I've noticed is much harder to live with. The text has become TINY. I have a high-res monitor which makes most text seem small anyway. I've got it set to increase the size of text, but it doesn't seem to affect this forum. I can't set the default font sizes any higher or the rest of the text in my little computer-world would be too big. Is there any way I can adjust the the text size for this site alone? It really is difficult for me to read...so much so that I can only spend a few minutes here at a time.
    -- Judy

Banned
    Thanks

New Look for Forums

Um, the new look is not finished. The current problem you are seeing with the forum is a failure to load images, I think. So I will be re-loading the forum images tonight.

Thanks for asking.

Thanks
    John,
    I'm getting dizzy trying to read the threads. I really hope it's the forums being reconstructed and not my pc. (You know how great I am with computers,,lol)
    thanks
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Banned
    Thanks

Astro Turf

Is it just me or is there no uniformity to the column width in the forums? One will be 4 inches wide, the next 17 inches. What's the dilly yo?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They are in the process of redesigning some aspects of the forum. In the process, things get a little quirky. It'll all be fixed in time. I have faith in our great admin! I'm just glad the fonts are normal sized again!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Back again...

it looks really good in here exept for some topics that are a little unorganized (all to the side or some part wright and the other part a straight line or all to one side). But in a overall view is looking good, I can't wait to see it all done.
    Jesús

Thanks
    Yeah John was able to fix that earlier tonight as far as I can tell WTG boss man

-Chris
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

Banned
    Thanks
    Ok, allow me to explain the problem. We are using a forum called pnphpbb2, which was originally phpbb, a standalone forum. When they made it a postnuke module they did a very poor job. Thought it has a great amount of features it is still buggy with postnuke. Doesn't mesh well, wants to be a standalone still.

So I found an addon, a hack, to add to the coding for this forum. I added it and the gallery that I was adding didn't work. I was using version 1.2 of the forum when it was made for version 1.2a, so I deleted all the old forum files and uploaded all the new ones plus the gallery for 1.2a. All the forum posts/user info is not stored in folders, it's in a mysql database don't worry. Then with the upgrade the forum didn't work cause things were buggy. So I ran a new install and still had bugs. Ran an upgrade, still bugs. I guess pnphpbb doesn't like to upgrade. So I deleted all the 1.2a files and uploaded 1.2 again. The gallery is no go I guess, lotta work for nothing.

The forum looks like crap at the moment cause for some weird reason I can't fix the other look. When the site gets a new "theme" it'll look better.