Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,220

2 members and 3,218 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm just wondering who among the folks that frequent this forum have morphs or hets? Or plans to get any?

I saw the poll about choosing a favorite morph...I couldn't do that. The first time I saw a pic of a pied in The Ball Python Manual, I gasped. I've loved them ever since. But I also love clowns and caramel-albinos. So I think...Ok...I've got three favorites....but oh yeah, there's the genetic stripes, the spiders, mojaves....etc etc

My husband shocked me one day by telling me that after he retires from the Air Force (and all the kids are much older! LOL) and we move into a permanent home somewhere...he'll let me have a whole room for whatever breeding projects I'd like to pursue! I have no idea what the bp market will be like by the time I get to that point (anywhere from 6-12 years from now, depending on how his career goes) but I do know it'll be agonizing trying to decide where to start!

So...what are your morph dreams?
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Curious

I don't have any morphs right now, but I do have a pair of het albino ball pythons. I am also in the process of getting an Axanthic bp. I don't really like this particular morph, but it is the genetic key to producing snows. I am also going to be getting into clowns, mojaves, pastels (to produce super pastels), and genetic stripes. I like piebalds as well, but those will probably come at a later date, as I have my mind set. I know others here have hets, and a I'm sure there are a couple morphs lying around as well, lol..

Jennifer

Thanks

He stays in the Middle

My roommate and I invested in a possible het piebald bp because piebalds are a high-dollar morph and her favorite. I have an opportunity now to get a possible het orange ghost and I'm thinking I may do it because it's too good an opportunity to pass up and because I have a particular fondness for the ghosts. Other morphs I'd particularly like to get into include genetic stripes, patternless, snowball, leucistic, and platinum. Yeah, I know I'd better save my pennies. Still, with some careful planning and investing, some of that might just be do-able.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    We have a few... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Personally I can't wait to see a Desert Ghost Spider or a Coral Glow Bumblebee.

K

Banned
    Thanks
    I only have norms, the best of them all

I do have a high gold, but thats simply a normal variant. If they produced high gold-reduced pattern- black back balls as a genetic line I'd be so happy. IMO, that'd be the best.

Thanks
    HMMM, KLG in NH with a bunch of morphs. Sounds like NERDs. :lol:

Banned
    Thanks
    NERD? As in the music group with that Pharell guy?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm doing the possible het route but have yet to produce any viable morphs (had two kinked dead albinos last year - incubation problems I'm thinking).

I have a 25% chance het stripe that's about 1,330 gram that I'm hopping to get to 1,500 grams in the next few weeks and breed back to her 50% chance het father. I also have three 25% chance het pied females that are big enough to try breeding to a 50% chance het pied male. I hope to start projects with breeder sized possible het clown and caramel males this year as well as a 100% het ghost (I know, should have bought a possible het ghost but the price was just too good on the 100% .

Thanks
    Randy, I don't suppose your 100% het ghost is female? I guess that would just be too much to ask.

How are you doing your incubation? It seems it's almost a tossup deciding between maternal incubation and commercial incubators. Do you think the problem was too much variation in your temps, not enough humidity, or what? At least you know that pair is capable of producing albinos, so if one of them was a poss het it's not anymore.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    We have a few... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Personally I can't wait to see a Desert Ghost Spider or a Coral Glow Bumblebee.

K
    I figured you'd have a morph or two in your pocket! Those sound like beautiful combinations...are ya'll working on creating those specifically? Any other surprises that might hatch that year that you're at liberty to discuss??? I'm always browsing your site to see what's new!
    -- Judy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast