Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,222

3 members and 3,219 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Its a good thing I wa so excited about my snakes arival that I was up and about looking out the window from time to time. When I had just started typing on the computer I caught something out of the corner of my eye, I ran to the window, it was the UPS guy walking back to the truck,he hadnt even rang the doorbell wich had a sign over it saying "UPS RING HERE".
    I ran outside and there was my boox sitting on the front porch. The UPS guy said "oh I thought everyone was asleep, so I just left it there for ya". If I had waited for him to ring the bell my snake would probably be dead from sitting out in the cold. Any way if your ever getting a snake VIA UPS, better keep an eye out.

Well ll be back later gotta look at my new buddy.....WOOHOO!!

Thanks

I cant Believe the UPS Guy!

Congrats on the new arrival!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Call UPS and complain.. ESPECIALLY!!!! if the package was marked live reptile. You'll get the drive talked to (in trouble hopefully), and your shipping charged refunded at the very least.

Glad u caught it early tho, and enjoy ur new baby

-Chris
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

Thanks
    Congrats on your new arrival! Enjoy!!
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    DON'T call UPS and complain, because it is against their policy to carry live shipments. It will make it even more difficult if people report drivers and make other complaints for people to make and receive shipments through them. Mostly they will look the other way, but it is entirely within their rights to refuse shipment, open packages for inspection, call local or federal authorities, and return shipments to the point of origin. They do not have to ship animals for anyone at any time.

All that said, I am delighted that you got your new little guy and that he didn't have to stay out in the cold long. May you have many wonderful years together.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on your new critter!

And Marla is right...DON'T call UPS! Just be glad everything worked out...and thanks for the heads-up to keep an eye out for them if you're having a snake delivered by them. I think, though, that it would be best to avoid using UPS altogether, if at all possible. Even if Delta-dash or other airlines cost more..it's worth it to get a snake shipped legally and with legal recourse should something go wrong.

Take care and enjoy your new arrival! Hope you post some pics as soon as he/she gets settled in!!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well I did call UPS but fortunately I didnt complain

All I did was ask if an overnight package could be left at the door without signature, they told me yes UNLESS the shipper requests signature. In wich case the package will have a yellow sticker on it sayin something like signature required. So if your ever getting something via UPS just ask the breeder to request signature so that the delivery man has to physicaly hand you the package.

Whew! good thing I didnt spoil it for us. :lol:

Thanks
    That's a good tip, and we should all keep that in mind if we're getting animals shipped via UPS. I'm glad you didn't complain or mention what the package was.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, enough about UPS, how is the little bugger? :lol:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh, and just a little piece of info... Everytime I've received a snake via UPS, FedEx, Airborne, any of those, they have not rung the doorbell for me. I always have to take the day off and frequently look out the window and go outside to see if the package is there.

It is against UPS policy to ship live reptiles UNLESS stated on the package (the shipper would have to go through ALOT to be able to label that on the outside)...... Also, by "Live Harmless Reptiles" being labeled, UPS considers that to be lizards. They absolutely forbid snakes to be shipped. So, glad you didn't go hollerin' what was inside that dear package. :lol:

Jennifer