Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,370

1 members and 1,369 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

If you post in this forum, you can help out.

If you are not aware, I made a genetics calculator. It will more than likely always be a work in progress, trying to make it a useful tool for all. Now there is one repetative feedback I have been getting since I released the calc. Here are some recent comments.

Why do u only have a few pics?
    Love it but need more pictures
    You should add pics!!
    Awesome morph wizard, lacks on pictures
    Wish it had more pictures.
    Thank you for making this, I hope you can get more pictures.
    and this one I had to translate into english, obviously a little is lost in translation.

It lacks some morph ... and above all lacks many many pictures. Here you are absolutely complete!!!!!! Otherwise cool thing!

I think I notice a trend. So obviously I'm not going to just go ripping pictures off the internet. So I made a page to submit pictures.... http://www.owalreptiles.com/submit.php. Pretty straight forward, upload your picture and it will automatically resize to 1024x768 proportionally. Put in your name and then you're given the option to have that name automatically watermarked on the bottom right, transparently over the middle, or not to add a watermark and you can put your own or not have one at all. Rest is an optional email, what morph the snake is, and place to add any text you want along with the picture. After they are submitted, I just input the genes and then the picture is on display.

Here is an example of how they get displayed, Pastel
    Here is the gallery http://www.owalreptiles.com/gallery.php

So besides trying to fulfill peoples apperant need for pictures, im also looking for feedback. Do you see any problem with the system or how the pictures are used? Is there a part of the system that stops you from submitting pictures? Anything you would like to see changed? Anything you would like to see added?

I know before I just had the option to watermark the bottom of the picture and that didn't sit well with some, so now there are 3 options that I think will make anyone happy. I also previously had the user putting in the genes, which made things difficult for some, so now it just a box for you to tell me what the snake is and i'll take care of it. What else you guys got?

also a big thank you for those who have already helped this project out.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 07-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

LotsaBalls (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Just submitted some photos. Will submit more once I get home and have access to the rest of them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anatopism For This Useful Post:

OhhWatALoser (07-08-2012)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Submitting some pics for you now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Do the pics have to be taken all fancy like in a light box? I have some that i think are pretty good but the background is like my carpet or the grass outside and stuff.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    I sent over a batch, should keep you busy for a while

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Green For This Useful Post:

Herp_Herp_hooray (07-09-2012),OhhWatALoser (07-08-2012)

Thanks

Re: If you post in this forum, you can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Do the pics have to be taken all fancy like in a light box? I have some that i think are pretty good but the background is like my carpet or the grass outside and stuff.
    That would be great, not all mine are on a white background Pastel, Hypo

about the only thing I have turned down was some pictures that the person holding the snake in their hand and they rest of the room was the background and it really didn't show the animal that well anyways. then there was some pictures that were small then got blown up to 1024x768 so they looked really bad. but no i'm not picky, as long as the background isn't distracting, I couldn't care less lol. I would eventually like to see many different varieties of the same morphs, not just the best examples, that way people can see all the shades these morphs come in. I mean think of how many people think all pastels are bright yellow.

And thanks Dave, I made it through your first batch, now you hit me with more lol. Maybe I should look into what it takes for bulk uploading.

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Yeah if you had a bulk uploader I would have sent you more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    That would be great, not all mine are on a white background Pastel, Hypo

about the only thing I have turned down was some pictures that the person holding the snake in their hand and they rest of the room was the background and it really didn't show the animal that well anyways. then there was some pictures that were small then got blown up to 1024x768 so they looked really bad. but no i'm not picky, as long as the background isn't distracting, I couldn't care less lol. I would eventually like to see many different varieties of the same morphs, not just the best examples, that way people can see all the shades these morphs come in. I mean think of how many people think all pastels are bright yellow.

And thanks Dave, I made it through your first batch, now you hit me with more lol. Maybe I should look into what it takes for bulk uploading.

ACtually... I may have sent you a couple that were too small. I'm going to upload the larger versions so they shrink down and look better when blown up again Sorry to make you do extra work!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anatopism View Post
    ACtually... I may have sent you a couple that were too small. I'm going to upload the larger versions so they shrink down and look better when blown up again Sorry to make you do extra work!
    all taken care of now, yea they didn't look that bad, but the bigger ones do look better.

Thanks
    I love the OWAL calculator! Submitted a photo of my pastel girl a while back, but I'll add my mojave boy once I get home

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentine Pirate For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast