Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,217

1 members and 2,216 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Shed Help

Thanks
    My Ball Python started his shed and everything has com off except the skin off the top of his head and his eyes. Does anyone have any tips that could help me? Thanks

Alex

Thanks

sponges

Just try to pull it off, maybe soak him before, otherwise, get a bottle of shed ease, spray it on, and you should be able to wipe/peel it away easily. I know some bp's dont like thier heads messed with, but if yours is like that, it may get better with more exposure to it.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    My bp's are head shy so what I did to help Snyder and seymour finish their sheds was soak them for half an hour or so, find a fairly rough washcloth, get it damp, then let them explore, every so often going through the washcloth. I could hold it fairly firmly against them when it wasn't their heads going through. Snyder seemed to appreciate the help and appeared to have been itching on her head.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thats a great idea Marla, I never thought of that cause my bp's are not head shy at all. :roll: I guess I only thought about the shed ease thing cause thats all I have ever done with any of my snakes..and they have all become extrememly tolerant of it, or at least to the point they tolerate it just cause they know I am not going to hurt them- just annoy them a bit.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Sometimes we have to get creative, especially with head-shy guys. I've seen the topics where Shed-Ease was mentioned, but have never used it. I say, if it works and isn't harmful to the snakes, then pretty much any solution is good, whether it's a spray, a rough hide, soaking, or whatever.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i had to help peanut a little on his neck yesterday... i just soaked him for about 15 minutes and he didn't even notice me peeling it off.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i soak the snake then get a towel soaking wet and let the snake explore through it
    it has always worked for me with snakes that are grumpy
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??