Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,637

0 members and 2,637 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    After thinking everything is perfect the ambient temp in the enclosure seems to refuse to be affected by the ground temps.

Even if Im reading 90 on the floor on the hot side and 85 floor temp on the cool side, the ambient temp will fluctuate drasticaly based on how warm or cool the room is. My vents arent all that big mind you. Ive drilled two sets of vent holes, one on each apposing side, with no holes drilled on front or back. Basicaly I made a circular pattern of 1/8 inch holes with a radius about the size of the bottom of a soda can. One vent is close to the top the other is close to the bottom ( I heard this makes for more efficient airflow).

If I keep the door to the room open the temp drops to 74-75, keep it closed and it rises to 82-86, at wich point I can turn off one of the heating mats. Should I keep the door shut? I dont wanna over heat things. Should I cover the vents a little?

Im stressing cause I may be getting my BP this Thursday and I gotta get this stuff right.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Pinworms...

I've personally never worried much about my ambient temps. I measure on the ground and have the same ground temps as you. Since that's where my BP mainly stays that's all I really worry about. But then again, I have an infrared heat lamp on the cool side to keep those temps up so I'm sure my ambient temps are fine as well.

I'm interested to see what others say.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko