Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,889

1 members and 2,888 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey, my Ball recently developed some sort of a white upper eyelid over the past couple of days. Is this anything to be worried about? He/she/it had a slight might infestation about two months ago, I know that they can get into the eye caps, but I am not sure if this is related.

See the white thing above his eye? What is it?

Thanks
    Has he/she/it shed? If so, could it be the remains of an eyecap that didn't shed properly?
    Chance Favors the Prepared Mind

http://www.four-feathers-photography.com

Looks like a messed up eyecap to me....*shrugs*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    ive seen this and heard about this a few times. all the times nobody really knew what to do. i think it is actually the skin around the eye that you usually dont see. but that is just a guess. if it is i would think that it could be cause by mite getting up there. try raising the humidity and giving it a soak or two. if that doesnt work after a week then you could wait till the next shed. if it doesnt go away by then you could ask a vet if you wanted to. this is what i would do, but i have no experience with it and really dont know what causes it. if you are really worried and cant find an answer...you could take it to a vet if you want to.

Thanks
    Yeah, I bet it is. Humidity gets really low here in the winter, and I'm about to throw this crappy Fred Meyer humidifier out the window. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks
    if its still there after next shed, I'll go to the vet. its a good excuse to get a probing!

Thanks
    I have one that has the same type of problem. He should complete his shed today or tomorrow, so I'll post and let you know if it comes off with the shed. Here's a pic:

Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i'm in the same boat as randy... got one with a little eye piece, and is due to shed any minute now... so we'll crack this one before you have to worry about it too much...
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i'm pretty sure they get those before they shed
    i'm not entirely sure but it seems to me my snakes got that too and its ready to shed in the next 2-3 days
    so we'll all know in the next couple of days
    at any rate i don't think its too much to worr about
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

Thanks
    The only time I have seen anything like that is after mine have shed and it is only a small piece of retained shed, so I just go and pull it away, mine dont mind.. but then again, my snakes are NOT head shy at all... and if memory serves me right, I may have seen something like that once, right before shed, but it went away after shed... hmm, got to look through my records.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast