Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,947

1 members and 2,946 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks
    I've now moved Pina into her new home. It's a nice big 40gal tank that she can grow up in. Temps seem to be fine but I'm having a big problem keeping it humid enough. I have a wood chip bottom in the setup with some fake plants, 2 hides, and some wood to climb on. I have been spraying the tank a LOT today trying to get the humidity up but it just dosnt help. I covered a lot of the top of the tank in plastic wrap, but that didnt really do anything either.

Keep in mind I live in Toronto, Canada and we are in the middle of winter right now so the natural air is extremly dry right now...

Any ideas? I really need them

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    check the product reviews about repti-flo 250. works great.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Or you can not worry about it, and provide a humid hide or two.
    A humid hide is a totally enclosed hide, with one access hole, that has damp substrate (moss, cypress, bed-a-beast, etc) inside. Your snake will go there during shed cycles when it needs the extra humidity.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You could also try a simple cool-mist humidifier from the drug store. Set it up near the cage and try to get the ambient humidity up.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I'm wondering if part of the problem is because of heat lamps im using. Right now I have an inferred lamp I leave on at night, and a ceramic lamp I leave on in the daytime. I also have a heating pad on one side. Should I get another heating pad and try to not use the ceramic lamp at all?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    yep. definitely your best bet.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    I second what Will said. The lamps will lower the humidity faster than just about anything else.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Try duct tape across the lid instead of the plastic wrap it will boost up humidity 10%
    It worked good for me and I also added a TropicAire which pumps in humid air/ fresh air so you can cover up the entire lid expect where your light is then I cut out about 1/2" bigger and my humidity stays at about 60-62 on hot side where I have UTH on a slide dimmer and then 52-55% on cool side where I have a clamp light with a 75 watt red bulb, then when I wanna boost humidity I just mist his hide log on top and it will shoot right up to 70-75% and stay for about 12 hrs.
    All great ideas I got here on this site and so far my set up is working great.
    Thanks to everyone's help

Good Luck

Thanks
    I'm using a normal room humidifier now which I've modified. I used plumbing tubes to direct the air into the tank and the humidity shot up 30 degrees now. I'm going to buy a second heating pad today...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    definitly just go with the heatpads only
    you don't need a light at all
    I live in Burlington Ontario right near you and this has worked for me always
    heat lamps just dry the air out way to much
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??