Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,787

0 members and 2,787 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    I've talked to a couple members on here about this. But the time for me to decide is now.

As you know I have a 29" BP (found out tonight that she was WC not CBB like they told me when I got her, which explains her eating issues), that I got from a local store. She had an RI when I got her, but that has been cleared up and she's doin well besides not eating. For being a WC she's extremely tame, never hissed at me, not at all head shy (lets me open her mouth with no fuss at all).

As some of you know, that same petstore has a BCI thats about 2 years old and about 4' long. Its been there for over 4 months and is in DESPERATE need of a TLC home, which I would more than provide. I just got back from that petstore, and this was the first time we were able to get the BCI outta the tank when I've been there. Its got one shed that was almost finished (a lil left on the tail) and it just started shedding again yesterday. The tank is way arid, and the temps are very poorly regulated. But givin its poor condition, once we (the petstore guy and myself) were able to get the BCI outta the tank (it wrapped around everythign it could) it was just as docial as my BP is and even let me hold its head close to listen for its breathing sounds... sounded good to me, no wheezing/popping. I also saw the snake eat a full sized rat (live) last week, so I know it eats.

The problem is my grandparents won't allow me to have two snakes, and while i love my BP I also feel a responsibilty as an animal lover to try to help this BCI. So my question is what would you guys do? I am sorta attached to my BP, but if someone would be willing to take her from me I would do it so that I could save/rescue that BCI. I've asked the other petstore in town (and the manager is makign phone calls now) to see if anyone wants to buy my BP, and I'm going to ask the one guy at work that has snakes on monday if he'd be interested in buying her. The BCI would only cost me an Eclipse Fish tank hood (just hood, no tank or stand) that i bought (tank/stand included) off a girl at work.

Thanks, btw I'm hoping to decide by monday at the latest for the BCI's sake, it needs a better home than that pet store.

-Chris

P.S.- I've applied for a job there as their snake handler... even tho i'm not as experienced as others on here I care enough to do research and maintain proper temps/humidity in the tanks.

Thanks
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

Banned
    Thanks

Need help... questions

Perhaps lying to your grandma is an option. If you need to sell your bp, I suggest doing it here where you know for sure that the care will be adequate. A lot of people will snap at the chance for a female, but it's also your responsibility to give it a good home. Not to someone who will either poorly care for it, or power feed it in a teeny rubbermaid till it can breed. What kinda care is that. She'll most likely be over bred and not taken care of.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i'll take her...
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Yeah Will and I are talkin over AIM right now, about it. He might be able to take her from me and since we're realitivly close we can just meet 1/2way instead of shipping her.

I came here cause i know most (hopefully all) of the people on here would give her an excellent home.

-Chris
    -Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good luck getting that job at the pet store. I'm sure you could make it a much better place for their reptiles.

I think things may be rough for you as long as you're living with someone who limits the number of snakes you can have. You've got a big heart and will surely see more snakes that need rescuing. I admire the responsibility you're willing to take on and imagine someday you'll have a houseful of rescues!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Chris, I think that's great what you're doing. The only problem is not being able to rescue everybody who needs rescuing. If Will can't take your girl for some reason, I'll be happy to, though picking her up could be a problem.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Banned
    Thanks
    Would it not be easier to just send the bci to Will, he's been itchin for one.

Thanks
    Well, I just sat down and had a long talk with the grandparents. Explained alotta things, and dispelled the rumor that all boas are 15'+ monsters that eat everythign in sight (humans, dogs, cats, cars, etc..) that they had. No answer given tonight, but I think its gonna be a go.

I"ll keep ya informed.

-Chris
    -Chris

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    lol $140 for the bci ball. i can't swing that brotha.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Yeah i'm not paying cash for it, i'm trading a Eclipse fish tank hood for it. Tho I think they should just give it to me since they're gonna send it back neways, but since i have this habit of killing fish (unintentionally btw) I've got no use for a 30 gallon Eclipse hood.

-Chris
    -Chris