Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,786

2 members and 2,784 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yep thats right still no BP, fer me yet
    Im waiting to hear from a local breeder who I doubt will have anything until the summer, so than I can order from N.E.R.D. wich is gonna run me around 150 bucks,but than I gotta wait till the weather breaks for them to ship, it will be a well established snake however (bout a yr old), or for 105 bucks I can get a bob clark, but his will be younger than NERD's.
    Wich route do you guys think I should go?
    You know your advice is always valued.
    :wink:

Thanks

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

IMO, the younger the snake you can get, the better.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    I agree with Rplank..the younger you can get it the better. But gosh, seems like alot of $ to pay for one snake, I can take that same amount and go get 6 for that price. If you would like I can do somelooking for you before you make a decision, maybe you can save a bit of money and still get a nice snake, and not have to wait for weather to break for shipping..meaning getting it much sooner. So, if you would like me to do that for you..just pm me with your city and state location.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shed and Feed question

Hehe....man can I relate to the "waiting" part of things. Definitely no bp for me until late this coming summer. But I do know it'll be worth the wait!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I waited 20 year's (had to get divorced first) before I got my BP.

Now all I gotta do is wait for the youngest son to move out (this year after he graduates) and i'm going to turn his room into a herp room and add to my BP collection.

Though my BP was between 2 and 3 years old when I got him, I would deffinetly go with a younger one if I was you. That's what I will do when I start adding to the collection.

The reason I purchased Monty Joe instead of a youngster is that I got him, 20 gallon tank with locking lid, water dish, 1 hide, 2 heat pad's and 16 quarts of reptibark for $100.00. Just couldnt pass that up.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    the wait sucks. I FINALLY got my high gold bp yetsterday. yay! "he" is 9 months old. so far he has not yet ventured from the fist place he went. a hide. so i guess hes hiding. what really sucks is after waiting so long to get one you have to wait even longer till they get used to you so you dont stress them before you can hold them. and even before you hold them after a week of them getting used to their new home you feed it. then your not supposed to hold it for anoter 3+ days. i am not a "patience is a vertue" person. i have almost no patientence but luckily a lot of self control. but curiosity killed the cat and it will kill me as well.
    If fightings not the answer, Why do we have wars?

Thanks
    Yeah waiting sucks. I "waited" 2 years before I was able to convince my husband to let me get a snake, cause he had this horrible fobia of them, Now I have 3. And he is loving them as much as me.. but got to say- it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    I know the wait game. Last time I had a snake I was 13 and it was a Ribbon snake/ Garter snake.
    Always wanted a python ever since seeing The Jungle Book as a kid :lol:
    I waited 30 years
    And so far it was worth the wait cuz he is awesome and the cutest little bugger.
    Great idea about the son moving out and making his room a herp room.
    5 more years and mine will be heading out, better start planning now
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, don't know if you've checked this out or not, but why not look at some breeders in your state. I found this link:

http://www.vaherper.com/pages/nj.htm

Looks like reptilekingdom.com has some '03 BPs for $55 (Toms River, NJ - don't know how far that is from you). You can probably save a lot in shipping by going with a local breeder - or even adopt a rescue.

Just a thought! I personally prefer to handle and interact with my snakes before buying.

Best of luck!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko