Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,400

3 members and 3,397 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Not shipping per say, but Traveling help.

I live in Alaska, and I'm moving to Kodiak island in a few days so I need some advice about traveling with reptiles.

The only way to get to the island is by a ferry or a plane, and given I have to take my vehicle I'm traveling by ferry. The trip should take about 19 hours total. The temperatures during the day are in 70-80F range, at night it cools down to about 50. I'm not sure how this will affect the temperature inside the ferry however, as all pets must remain on the parking deck.

I've never moved with a reptile before so I am unsure if the temperature will be alright for that duration of time or if I do need to get a heating element, and also what can I place them in for travel?

I currently have a bearded dragon and a ball python that I will be traveling with.

Thanks
    I would suggest packing them as you would if you were shipping - styrofoam lined box with breathing holes and a heat pack. If you can't keep them with you for warmth, and if it's necessary on the parking deck, make sure they are secure, and at an appropriate temperature.