Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,809

1 members and 2,808 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: My first shed

Thanks
    Well it looks as if Ozzy is starting to shed. This will be his first shed since I got him on Dec.13th. I went to take him out tonight for some R&R and sure enough his eyes are milky. Guess that explains why i haven't seen him last couple of days, he wasnt even poking his head out of his hide.

So I have a tropicaire for humid. which stays around 55%-62% but if I mist his log it will boost up to around 75%. So as I am putting him back he got hit with the misting which he didnt seem to mind. But this time instead of heading into his cool side hide where he always stays he went to the hot side hide which is warmer and smaller, gee he seems to barely fit in it.
    Cool side temps are around 81.5 to 83.3 while the hot side , heated with UTH on a dimmer switch at ground level stays around 91.5-93.3
    I was wondering did he head to hot side cuz he got cold from the misting or because he is in shed did he go for it beacuse of the smaller hide?
    I guess I wanted some feedback based on your experiences

I just dont want to stress him or him stay on the hot side because he feels safer. I guess if he gets to hot he will go over to the cool side

Any tips on helping me and him thru our first shed together?

Thanks !

Thanks
    He's probably fine, but boosting the humidity is a good plan. Sometimes they seem a bit 'insulted' if they get hit by the misting, tho, so you might want to just mist away from him or when he's in a hide. Good luck with your shed! err, Ozzy's shed.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!