Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,609

0 members and 2,609 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo ideas.

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Tattoo ideas.

Heyo,

So I have wanted tattoos for ever. But my weight has always gotten in the way. You know I really would rather not spend 500-1000+ on a tattoo just to have it sag or have to be cut off when I lose weight (cut off if its in a area that will need skin removal)

So I have done some thinking about where I could get a tattoo on my body where the skin is not going to change. I have come up with my Wrist, my shin, top of my foot/hand. I think thats about it.

Some ideas for tats are :

Bottom of left wrist have a cut on the dotted lines type deal. Not to big just a small one. The meaning behind this one is that I have a scar right there and I would get the tattoo right beside it. I got that scar from when my sister made me a bracelet and she cut it with a pair of scissors and totally slit my wrist. ( Was completely an accident )

Left Wrist have Freyja my normal wrapped around my wrist. Story behind that one is that when I first got her she instantly wrapped around my wrist and every single time I have her out she goes right for the wrist and wraps around it. Same wrist every time and she will just chill there the whole time and is hard to un wrap when I try to put her back in.

I want 1-4 or so different light sabers tattooed on the sides of my fingers.

Thats about it for right now. I have a ton more ideas but they are for parts of my body that can potentially change when I lose weight and I would rather not have that happen.

Like my right arm I have an amazing sleeve tattoo in mind but my arms will most likely shrink when I lose weight. My left pec right over my heart I want one and another around my calf and shin on my left or right leg. Also another on my right shoulder blade.

Any one here gotten any of their ball pythons or other snakes/lizards tattooed onto them?

*P.S I am not looking for any rude comments or trolls so think before you post.*
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I would avoid visible tattoos if you want to get a job. So i vote for shin. But thats right on the bone so it can be painful for some people more than others.

Youre a pretty decent artist so come up with a nice piece for your shin that incorporates your snakes, star wars or whatver you want into it that you like. Tattoos dont have to make sense to other people, just to you since theyre on your skin. (i.e. ball python intertwined between lightsabers lol). Or find an artist you like and work with them to get something you like.

I think the center of your shoulders right below the neckline would be a safe spot for one too. Not positive though.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Re: Tattoo ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I would avoid visible tattoos if you want to get a job. So i vote for shin. But thats right on the bone so it can be painful for some people more than others.

Youre a pretty decent artist so come up with a nice piece for your shin that incorporates your snakes, star wars or whatver you want into it that you like. Tattoos dont have to make sense to other people, just to you since theyre on your skin. (i.e. ball python intertwined between lightsabers lol). Or find an artist you like and work with them to get something you like.

I think the center of your shoulders right below the neckline would be a safe spot for one too. Not positive though.
    I dont have to worry about the whole tattoo and job thing because mostly every place around here doesn't mind if you have tattoos. Especially pet stores. Every pet store has tattooed employees. And the field of work I am going through college for it wont really matter.

My mom is a nurse and she is tattooed and my brother in law as tattoos as well and he has a great job making over $20 an hour. Both of them have clearly visible tattoos. I dont really have to worry about it mate
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Wow thats cool to hear that everyone is so much more accepting up there. +1 for team Canadia!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Mhmm! Even the big chain pet stores like Pet Smart has at least 3 or 4 employees with tattoos showing on their wrists or arms or around their neck. My friend is a manager at a pool and spa company and she has 3 visible tattoos on her arms. I could go on XD
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    I have 5 tattoos and not a single one is visable when I am dressed for work. I have my lower back, my left rib cage, the tops of both my feet and my right ankle.

I too would shy away from the shin for your first one. Go for something small and somewhere meaty. Nothing would suck more than not being able to finish a large piece because you couldn't handle it! (not saying you can't but everyone reacts differently to the pain, the vibration and the noise!)

Also, find a good artist with good referrals and take your time with it. Listen to their advice on your art as well as the placement. I was originally goinf to get 4 lilies down my side but my artist flat refused to do it because it wouldnt fit well. We went with 3 and I couldnt be happier!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts
    I have 6 - upper back, upper left arm, right wrist, both sides of my ribs, and a full sleeve in progress that is usually visible at work (they don't mind, thankfully. I get a lot of compliments on it too, even while still in progress).

I have plans for an upper thigh tattoo of a portrait of one of my snakes but I am undecided on what snake and what photo to use for it. That's a long ways away though and I need to finish my sleeve first

OP: if you get a tattoo of your snake I would research many artists and see examples from them because IMO I see lots of reptile tattoos that look awful. It takes a good artist to do realistic, hyper detailed tattoos and I hope you find one.
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    I've got 6, and you can't see any of mine when I am dressed for work either. Maybe a little of the one on my back/neck if my hair is up. I have always wanted one on my wrist, but would have to cover it for work. So that would be my vote, wrist. I'm not sure where else, maybe the top of your foot? I think tats might be as addicting as snakes.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    I think it used to be that it would be difficult to obtain a job if you had ink. That seems to have changed. Now, you see professionals with tattoos as well as cops, nurses, etc. As long as you don't tat the face, hands or neck you can still cover them. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanks everyone

My mom,sister and he boyfriend all go to the same artist. He is AMAZING! this guy can do pretty much anything. I am going to bring up the idea to him sometime and see what he thinks.

And yes thankfully todays generations and frankly just people today are starting to accept tattoos more and more and seeing them as artwork and something thats cool and not something that makes you a bad person.

My mom just got a tattoo done a few days ago but she still has 2 or 3 more sessions till its done. Then my sister and her boyfriend are going in for an other and then they book and other appointment for 2 more a few months later.

This is the guys gallery that I was thinking about going to :

http://www.hanger18tattoos.com/galle...?gallery_id=16

Its an old gallery he has a bunch of new ones on facebook.

And I doubt I would go shin for my first one that will be later down the road when I lose weight.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast