Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,594

2 members and 1,592 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo ideas.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    During my recent job search I applied at PetSmart, and the application clearly stated that I could not have any visible tattoos since it was against the company's policy. That's one of the reasons I never accepted their request for an interview.

To be brutally honest, I think you should wait to get your tattoos until you either loose the weight you want, or make peace with the weight you have. Either way, it can be a celebration of a milestone.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tattoo ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    During my recent job search I applied at PetSmart, and the application clearly stated that I could not have any visible tattoos since it was against the company's policy. That's one of the reasons I never accepted their request for an interview.

To be brutally honest, I think you should wait to get your tattoos until you either loose the weight you want, or make peace with the weight you have. Either way, it can be a celebration of a milestone.
    Wow that sucks Slim. Never said anything like that on the applications here in Canada. Like I said people at PetSmart here have tattoos that are clearly visible.

And yah, I already have my lost all the weight tattoo planned out. I really see no problem with a wrist one or something like that. I dunno its just ideas floating around my head that I like to talk about because sometimes my ideas sound good in my head and crazy to other people lol.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reptiliachnids View Post
    I dunno its just ideas floating around my head that I like to talk about because sometimes my ideas sound good in my head and crazy to other people lol.
    Nonsense!

Any idea that hatches out up in Mikeytopia is a good one. 90% of the time my ideas are always good.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Maybe the difference is that you live in Canada. Here in The States, we still manage to find no end of things to discriminate against...
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Badger711 (12-22-2012),Coleslaw007 (12-11-2012),DooLittle (06-30-2012),h00blah (07-03-2012),Mike41793 (07-01-2012),PitOnTheProwl (07-01-2012),youbeyouibei (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Maybe the difference is that you live in Canada. Here in The States, we still manage to find no end of things to discriminate against...
    Maybe this^^^^

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    It's hard to tell anyone what to get for a design because a tattoo should be so personal. My only tattoo related advice is - pick what you think you want and where, then think about it for 2 months. If possible, print out the design, cut it out and stick it on the area and wear it around for the afternoon. Ask yourself repeatedly how you feel about it.

I got my tattoo last fall after six months of consideration. My friend drew the design for me (a celtic horse, representing both my love of horses and medieval things) so it was very personal and I loved the design from the moment I saw it. But I was glad I spent a long time thinking about it and and WHERE to put it. I ended up putting mine on my mid-calf, for some of the reasons you outlined. I lost about 80lbs five years ago, and although I've kept it off, having that experience has made me wary of any area that could potentially stretch should I gain any of the weight again.
    Last edited by Bellatrix_LeSnake; 07-01-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    0.1 Spider - Bellatrix
    1.0 Pastel Lesser - Lord Voldemort
    1.0 Horse - Africa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I would avoid visible tattoos if you want to get a job. So i vote for shin. But thats right on the bone so it can be painful for some people more than others.
    Honestly so many people have tattoos now that the job thing is becoming less and less of an issue, as long as you're not covered head to foot or anything, and you don't have anything visible that's obscene. Maybe different if you're trying to become a medical doctor or something because hospitals have codes and such, but a lot of jobs you'd probably be just fine. Worst case scenario you'll end up having to wear sweaters or long pants when you might not want to, but that's not a big deal in my opinion. The wrist one you talked about might not be the best to have really visible since it could easily be misinterpreted in a job interview or something....

I'd avoid the fingers, as finger tattoos fade very quickly and need to be re-inked pretty much constantly otherwise they look like crap--bet they hurt like hell, too. I've got quite a few tattoos, and am constantly trying to think of new places to get them that won't change quite as drastically with age as some spots do. I'd absolutely love a sleeve but I don't know how it'll look when I'm 80. My first was back of the neck below the hairline and along the spine. It didn't hurt much, it can be easily covered if you have long hair or wear scarves, and it seems like a pretty safe place as far as body changes go. Shin could be a good one too!

Where art is concerned, I think you should decide that for yourself. My tattoos are all very personal, I think if I got something suggested by even a close friend (let alone strangers on the internet) I would probably come to regret it. People always talk about how getting them is a bad idea because "you'll get tired of it" or whatever--if it's something that means enough to you that you'll go through hours of pain to have a reminder of it on your body forever you won't.

Getting tattooed is probably one of the more unique and amazing physical experiences I've ever had, definitely worth it--
    "The world is unkind to the shoeless and frolicsome" - J. Berry

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    LOOOL revive old thread much XD No biggie! I ended getting a tattoo though! I never posted pics of it on here though LOL

I got a job too so I dont have to worry about it.

Ill post the tattoo in a sec lemme go find a pic.

Ok here is a pic I took right after I took the bandages off :

I will get a picture of it now sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by Quantum Constrictors; 12-11-2012 at 04:12 AM.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

Badger711 (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Lucky.

In my field of work, having visible tattoos is really unprofessional and does make a difference in being hired. That's good that you don't have to worry about such a thing.

I would stay away from bones. And honestly, I would wait until you reach your weight goal. You don't want distorted tats. Even in areas where you think that it won't matter, it will.

Thanks
    Looks awesome Reptilla! I'm glad you took the plunge
    "The world is unkind to the shoeless and frolicsome" - J. Berry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast